Illegal parking in Firvale

Can anyone tell me why cars are allowed to park on the double yellow lines on Firvale Road? It is a very busy road that has two lanes and often reduced to one as a result. This causes congestion and a danger both to road uses and pedestrians but which the council seem to feel is acceptable. If it was any other road in sheffield parking fines would have been issued but this road seems to have rules of its own. It appears that these car uses do not have to abide by the restricted parking laws. It has been the case now for at least 5 years. Why is this allowed?

Everyone who drives past, except the emergency services and the council parking officials, know about it.

Your waisting your time, its been done to bits on this forum and its still happening so either no one cares or no one is reporting it enough.

Maybe the phone is what you need and not the key board ?

Have already written a letter to the Civil Parking Enforcement who state:

Since 4th April 2005 the Council has had responsibility for the enforcement of parking regulations within the city, under the provisions of the Road Traffic Act 1991.

We will see!!!!

Any enforcement officer who ticketed the illegally parked vehicles around there would be acting in a racist manner.

But they are ticketing the car, not the owner so there should be know issue about race, religion or culture!!!

Of course there shouldn't be an issue. But there clearly is...

I think the enforcement officers should grow some back wheels and nip it in the bud. Be fair to everyone and impose parking laws that we all have adhere to.

Any enforcement officer who ticketed the illegally parked vehicles around there would be acting in a racist manner.

Stop talking ******, when the enforcement officers are about they do issue tickets or move cars on but they can't be there 24/7 can they?

Why do people always say that it must be because it's a highly ethnic populated area the authorities are scared to act for fear of being branded racist?

Use the freedom of information route and find out how many tickets have been issued in the area you are talking about and if it comes back as none then you may have a point to make.

I drive through there everyday and agree there is an issue with parking and would also like to point out that being a lorry driver i encounter the same problem in majority white populated areas aswell.

Stop trying to make it a race issue. :rolleyes:

I think the enforcement officers should grow some back wheels and nip it in the bud. Be fair to everyone and impose parking laws that we all have adhere to.

Where does it state that a certain ethnicity of people are exempt from parking laws or is it just in your head? :rolleyes:

Mafya you seem to have linked this to being racist. At no point have i mentioned ethnicity. It must be something that you have noticed or have an issue with. In fact if you look at my third post i said it is about the car not race, religion or culture. It is a phsical object that should not be there. I have asked why more is not done about it when it is becoming increasingly more dangerous and is putting my safety at risk. You have come on here spouting off about tickets being brandished etc, check this, check that. Regardless of how many tickets have been issued it is still not enough because it is still happening. I travel around this area numerous times a day and have never seen an enforcemnt officer so that leads me to the conclusion they are not around enough. So when my family or myself are put in danger i will make a point if it is ok with you.

like i said in a previous thread this needs to be monitered by the cctv cameras similair to how they work on some buses.if said offending vehicle is then parked illegaly a ticket with photo evidence is then sent to the culprit who is then fined. hopefully they will then think about parking there in the future .

the parking bods ticket this area reasonably often, anyone that drives through the area would see that.