Do venues accept NUS card as ID in Sheffield Center?

Hello,

I've just started uni in Sheffield after moving from Leeds and I dont have a driving license to use for a form of ID and dont currently have to funds for one. Im wanting to sample the citys night life by going to some of the student nights in Sheffield town center, do venues like plug and leamill accept a NUS card as a form of ID on student nights or do they require more.

I don't fancy taking my passport out with me either..

Thanks for your help in advance!

Josh!

No. I would imagine the only ID that places accept would be your driving licence or your passport. Some places may accept PASS scheme ID but the majority will only accept the first two.

I agree with donuticus, as far as I'm aware places won't accept NUS cards as a form of ID. I can understand your worries about taking your passport out however an expired one is still a valid form of identification so you could use that if you have one.

You could try a colour photocopy of your passport. That might be ok.

i doubt any photocopy of an id is valid. i wouldnt accept it anyway.

most places in sheffield work on a think 25 policy, the guidelines for acceptable id are photo driving licence, passport or any card carrying the pass hologram. a citizen card or the like is probably your cheapest bet, pick up an application from the counters of most off licences, or i think from the council and apply.

expect to get asked for id a lot! im 28 and get asked everytime (but then i do look young!)

I have worked doors for over 5 years in Sheffield. Only ID that door staff will accept is original Driving Licence or a Passport. It is imposed on the door staff by the by the venue.

Just take your passport. i know im been quick to judge but from your comment you dont sound the person to go out and get off your face and loose all of your things.

The only id any club or bar will accept is your passport or driving liscence, also it does need to be your valid in date passport, if the corners have been cut then it is invalid and cannot be used.

I know people who have used expired passports with the corner cut off and it's been fine. But saying that it could be up to the discretion of the venue.

There is no way I would want to go out on the lash with my passport.

It was a good few years back when I was at uni, but I don;t ever recall being asked for ID.

How times change, eh?

I can't think I was ever asked for ID at any Sheffield student nights and I was never one who looked older than my age. When I was a student Leadmill was full of under age drinkers during school holidays. It wasn't that long ago so I can't think that it could have changed that much.

When i was late 16 - early 17 i use to be able to walk into a club and two out of three times id get in fine, then about 4 months before my 18th birthday there was a change in the law and they really cracked down of underage people in clubs using fake ID's. Honestly now in the biggest clubs they ask everyone for ID and if you arent blatently over 18 and dont have ID they wont let you in, some bouncers now even ask everyone for id and if youve not got it your not getting in, however old you look.

It would be worth applying for a provisional liscence because this can be used as id for clubs, banks... anything really.

It is a pain but most places will only accept driving license, passport or PASS Hologram cards. You can pick up a form in Tesco's, I think it's only about a tenner (a new driving licence is about thirty now isn't it?) and send it away, it should take about a week.