Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Interview with dwp compliance officer.. What happens ?

Home > General > General Discussions

Reply To Topic
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
23-02-2013, 21:06   #21
Stranza
Registered User
Stranza's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: S20
Total Posts: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penistone999 View Post
Are the people at ATOS who do the interviews trained medical people or is it just some penpushing jobsworth with no medical knowledge what so ever. ?
They are medical professionals.
The first examiner who assessed my Mum for how her early onset alzheimers would impact her work capabilities was a midwife.
  Reply With Quote
23-02-2013, 22:50   #22
mikem8634
Registered User
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Total Posts: 2,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penistone999 View Post
Are the people at ATOS who do the interviews trained medical people or is it just some penpushing jobsworth with no medical knowledge what so ever. ?
As pointed out by Stranza they do have medical qualifications but there is no intelligent match up to the claimant's issues so, for example, you get physiotherpists assessing people with depression and mental health workers measuring lung capacity.

That is even before you delve into the blunt tool that is their assessment procedure.
  Reply With Quote
18-09-2013, 19:52   #23
ruby tuesday
Registered User
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Total Posts: 1
Evening all- today I received a letter from the DWP informing me that they will be visiting me at home to make sure all my details are correct a Compliance Visit. I was made redundant 9 months ago and since then I have struggled to find work. Worried about why they may be visiting I'm aware that if you've done nothing wrong there's nothing to worry about and just to confirm I have done nothing wrong never late for a sign on and have not been working. I did give them a ring and all I got was a snarky response telling me have all my documents ready for when they came (they really do let themselves down with their terrible manners) Does anyone have any experience of a DWP Compliance visit any advice would be most welcome Ta
  Reply With Quote
18-09-2013, 20:07   #24
wakattakjak
Registered User
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: sheffield S6
Total Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penistone999 View Post
Are the people at ATOS who do the interviews trained medical people or is it just some penpushing jobsworth with no medical knowledge what so ever. ?
The people who do the interview at atos are trained disability nurses who have been given a few days of training, what to look for and questions to ask! In my experience with them they haven't got a clue but just be honest if you aren't telling lies and you have medical evidence then you will be fine. There has been so many ****ty stories from people who have had benefits stopped due to being able to work, it was about time people are getting caught for fraudulant claims. Me and my wife work and we have 100 left at the end of the month to live on, then theres drug addicts, alcoholics getting nearly 1500 pound per month, it stinks!! Send all lying claimants to jail and make them work on the chain gang.Then make them pay it back
  Reply With Quote
18-09-2013, 20:15   #25
LeMaquis
Registered User
 
Joined: May 2011
Total Posts: 7,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakattakjak View Post
Send all lying claimants to jail and make them work on the chain gang.
What about putting them in the stocks too or are you a liberal do-gooder?
_______
Vive La Résistance
  Reply With Quote
18-09-2013, 21:22   #26
monkey104
Registered User
 
Joined: May 2010
Total Posts: 1,942
Status: Online
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMaquis View Post
What about putting them in the stocks too or are you a liberal do-gooder?
The op did say "lying claimants". And I agree.
_______
Life is for living! A life having being lived is not turning up at the pearly gates in a pristine body, it's sliding in on your knees, body tattered, torn and worn out shouting " What a rush."
  Reply With Quote
18-09-2013, 23:04   #27
southcoast
Registered User
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: sussex by the sea.
Total Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey104 View Post
The op did say "lying claimants". And I agree.
Too many just cant be arsed to work,they play on so called depression to con us the tax payers and the DWP,its great that at last some action is being taken against the lazy scroungers.
  Reply With Quote
30-01-2015, 19:04   #28
sheff1johnny
Registered User
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: hackenthorpe
Total Posts: 745
The compliance interview is completely random, and they check mainly on single parents, as this group is the most likely to committ fraud. Can't we tell the tories are back in power?
  Reply With Quote
30-01-2015, 19:18   #29
truman
Registered User
truman's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Total Posts: 16,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheff1johnny View Post
The compliance interview is completely random, and they check mainly on single parents, as this group is the most likely to committ fraud. Can't we tell the tories are back in power?
Without wanting an argument if,as you say, single parents are the group most likely to commit fraud,isn't it a good idea to concentrate resources there?
_______
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left...
  Reply With Quote
30-01-2015, 19:31   #30
sheff1johnny
Registered User
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: hackenthorpe
Total Posts: 745
I was talking as a torie would, not that I agree with the statement. In my opinion a crime should be committed first
  Reply With Quote
30-01-2015, 19:32   #31
truman
Registered User
truman's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Total Posts: 16,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheff1johnny View Post
I was talking as a torie would, not that I agree with the statement. In my opinion a crime should be committed first
If you don't check sometimes how would you know if the person had been fiddling? Genuine question..
_______
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left...
  Reply With Quote
30-01-2015, 19:37   #32
charmer
Registered User
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Total Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheff1johnny View Post
I was talking as a torie would, not that I agree with the statement. In my opinion a crime should be committed first
You don't agree with preventative policing then? You think we should wait for crimes to happen instead of trying to prevent them.
  Reply With Quote
31-01-2015, 14:51   #33
sheff1johnny
Registered User
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: hackenthorpe
Total Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmer View Post
You don't agree with preventative policing then? You think we should wait for crimes to happen instead of trying to prevent them.
Well if you want to stand outside my house, just in case a burglar walks past, your very welcome too. How can the dwp have more powers than the police, even they have to have evidence that something has happened before they could randomly knock at your door.
I just don't want a government that can have that much power!

---------- Post added 31-01-2015 at 14:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by truman View Post
If you don't check sometimes how would you know if the person had been fiddling? Genuine question..
okay evidence of a crime may have been committed
  Reply With Quote
31-01-2015, 17:55   #34
monkey104
Registered User
 
Joined: May 2010
Total Posts: 1,942
Status: Online
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheff1johnny View Post
Well if you want to stand outside my house, just in case a burglar walks past, your very welcome too. How can the dwp have more powers than the police, even they have to have evidence that something has happened before they could randomly knock at your door.
I just for don't want a government that can have that much power!

---------- Post added 31-01-2015 at 14:54 ----------



okay evidence of a crime may have been committed
If people rightly or wrongly claiming money off the state I do.
_______
Life is for living! A life having being lived is not turning up at the pearly gates in a pristine body, it's sliding in on your knees, body tattered, torn and worn out shouting " What a rush."
  Reply With Quote
05-02-2015, 16:39   #35
sheff1johnny
Registered User
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: hackenthorpe
Total Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey104 View Post
If people rightly or wrongly claiming money off the state I do.
Whilst not wanting to cause offence, what if these visits in themselves are illegal. Article 8 of human rights, gives each individual the right to a private life. As such no person can do anything that interferes with a person's right to a private life. The compliance visit with no evidence is by nature a breach of the law.

https://www.liberty-human-rights.org...nd-family-life
  Reply With Quote
05-02-2015, 19:17   #36
truman
Registered User
truman's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Total Posts: 16,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheff1johnny View Post
Whilst not wanting to cause offence, what if these visits in themselves are illegal. Article 8 of human rights, gives each individual the right to a private life. As such no person can do anything that interferes with a person's right to a private life. The compliance visit with no evidence is by nature a breach of the law.

https://www.liberty-human-rights.org...nd-family-life
So anyone can do anything in their house......?
_______
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left...
  Reply With Quote
05-02-2015, 19:40   #37
monkey104
Registered User
 
Joined: May 2010
Total Posts: 1,942
Status: Online
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheff1johnny View Post
Whilst not wanting to cause offence, what if these visits in themselves are illegal. Article 8 of human rights, gives each individual the right to a private life. As such no person can do anything that interferes with a person's right to a private life. The compliance visit with no evidence is by nature a breach of the law.

https://www.liberty-human-rights.org...nd-family-life
This does not breach article 8. It's the money being claimed off the state that allows a family life.
The upshot is that if they do not want to allow the visit then they can cancel their claim.
Pretty much like someone claiming allowance while looking for work. If they can't prove they are looking for work then the free money stops..
_______
Life is for living! A life having being lived is not turning up at the pearly gates in a pristine body, it's sliding in on your knees, body tattered, torn and worn out shouting " What a rush."
  Reply With Quote
08-02-2015, 18:21   #38
sheff1johnny
Registered User
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: hackenthorpe
Total Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey104 View Post
This does not breach article 8. It's the money being claimed off the state that allows a family life.
The upshot is that if they do not want to allow the visit then they can cancel their claim.
Pretty much like someone claiming allowance while looking for work. If they can't prove they are looking for work then the free money stops..
The dwp, has a duty of care to obey all human rights. Claimants are human, and therefore are entitled to the same human rights as everyone else. How many rights will people let be stripped away, before someone eventually says enough is enough already!
  Reply With Quote
08-02-2015, 19:07   #39
charmer
Registered User
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Total Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheff1johnny View Post
Whilst not wanting to cause offence, what if these visits in themselves are illegal. Article 8 of human rights, gives each individual the right to a private life. As such no person can do anything that interferes with a person's right to a private life. The compliance visit with no evidence is by nature a breach of the law.

https://www.liberty-human-rights.org...nd-family-life
The visits are not illegal. If you have read your link, what part of article 8 do they visits fall foul of.
  Reply With Quote
08-02-2015, 19:08   #40
monkey104
Registered User
 
Joined: May 2010
Total Posts: 1,942
Status: Online
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheff1johnny View Post
The dwp, has a duty of care to obey all human rights. Claimants are human, and therefore are entitled to the same human rights as everyone else. How many rights will people let be stripped away, before someone eventually says enough is enough already!
As do the police but they still have a right to deprive people of their liberty.
It's quite simple really if there is a clause in the claimants application that states that they have to allow a home visit then their claim is at risk. They don't have to allow any one in their property but if they go down that path, expect to lose their claim.
This has been going on for a while, surely there has been a result by now!
_______
Life is for living! A life having being lived is not turning up at the pearly gates in a pristine body, it's sliding in on your knees, body tattered, torn and worn out shouting " What a rush."
  Reply With Quote
Reply To Topic

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:41.
POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED
Click "Report Post" under any post which may breach our terms of use.
©2002-2014 Sheffield Forum | Powered by vBulletin ©2015