Sheffield Forum

Interview with dwp compliance officer.. What happens ?

Home > General > General Discussions

Reply To Topic

23-02-2013, 21:06   #21
Stranza

Total Posts: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penistone999 View Post
Are the people at ATOS who do the interviews trained medical people or is it just some penpushing jobsworth with no medical knowledge what so ever. ?
They are medical professionals.
The first examiner who assessed my Mum for how her early onset alzheimers would impact her work capabilities was a midwife.
23-02-2013, 22:50   #22
mikem8634

Total Posts: 2,463
Quote:
Are the people at ATOS who do the interviews trained medical people or is it just some penpushing jobsworth with no medical knowledge what so ever. ?
As pointed out by Stranza they do have medical qualifications but there is no intelligent match up to the claimant's issues so, for example, you get physiotherpists assessing people with depression and mental health workers measuring lung capacity.

That is even before you delve into the blunt tool that is their assessment procedure.
18-09-2013, 18:52   #23
ruby tuesday

Total Posts: 1
Evening all- today I received a letter from the DWP informing me that they will be visiting me at home to make sure all my details are correct a Compliance Visit. I was made redundant 9 months ago and since then I have struggled to find work. Worried about why they may be visiting I'm aware that if you've done nothing wrong there's nothing to worry about and just to confirm I have done nothing wrong never late for a sign on and have not been working. I did give them a ring and all I got was a snarky response telling me have all my documents ready for when they came (they really do let themselves down with their terrible manners) Does anyone have any experience of a DWP Compliance visit any advice would be most welcome Ta
18-09-2013, 19:07   #24
wakattakjak

Total Posts: 51
Quote:
The people who do the interview at atos are trained disability nurses who have been given a few days of training, what to look for and questions to ask! In my experience with them they haven't got a clue but just be honest if you aren't telling lies and you have medical evidence then you will be fine. There has been so many ****ty stories from people who have had benefits stopped due to being able to work, it was about time people are getting caught for fraudulant claims. Me and my wife work and we have 100 left at the end of the month to live on, then theres drug addicts, alcoholics getting nearly 1500 pound per month, it stinks!! Send all lying claimants to jail and make them work on the chain gang.Then make them pay it back
18-09-2013, 19:15   #25
LeMaquis

Total Posts: 6,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakattakjak View Post
Send all lying claimants to jail and make them work on the chain gang.
What about putting them in the stocks too or are you a liberal do-gooder?
_______
Vive La Résistance
18-09-2013, 20:22   #26
monkey104

Total Posts: 1,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMaquis View Post
What about putting them in the stocks too or are you a liberal do-gooder?
The op did say "lying claimants". And I agree.
_______
Life is for living! A life having being lived is not turning up at the pearly gates in a pristine body, it's sliding in on your knees, body tattered, torn and worn out shouting " What a rush."
18-09-2013, 22:04   #27
southcoast

Total Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey104 View Post
The op did say "lying claimants". And I agree.
Too many just cant be arsed to work,they play on so called depression to con us the tax payers and the DWP,its great that at last some action is being taken against the lazy scroungers.
Sponsored Links
Reply To Topic