Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Interview with dwp compliance officer.. What happens ?

Home > General > General Discussions

Reply To Topic
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
19-09-2010, 12:55   #1
jake4jack200
Registered User
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Total Posts: 172
A good friend of mine has called me today panicing because he has recieved a letter from the jobcentre saying a query has arisen on his benifit claim. He gets jsa and housing benifit . He is worrying himself over this letter because it is very strongly worded and it has scared him. He has not done anythiong wrong and thinks someone has done this out of spite,as last week someone keyedd his car as well. Has anyone had one of these letters ? And what happens at these interviews ?
  Reply With Quote
19-09-2010, 12:58   #2
katy1981
Registered User
katy1981's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: darnall
Total Posts: 4,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake4jack200 View Post
A good friend of mine has called me today panicing because he has recieved a letter from the jobcentre saying a query has arisen on his benifit claim. He gets jsa and housing benifit . He is worrying himself over this letter because it is very strongly worded and it has scared him. He has not done anythiong wrong and thinks someone has done this out of spite,as last week someone keyedd his car as well. Has anyone had one of these letters ? And what happens at these interviews ?
im not an expert im just guessing here and i dont know his situation, but id say they may have had a report regarding his situation in regards to his claim so they are wanting to make sure it is all above board. if he hasnt done anything wrong then he shouldnt worry himself about it as it will show that the report is untrue in his interview.

its just procedure i think to check reports and stuff.
_______
(insert witty comment here.)
  Reply With Quote
19-09-2010, 13:07   #3
Aries22
Registered User
Aries22's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: S25
Total Posts: 2,871
Send a message via MSN to Aries22
May be its just a letter to find out what he is doing to find work.
_______


Its not what l was, or what l am, it's what l am going to be
  Reply With Quote
19-09-2010, 14:01   #4
G MARX
Registered User
G MARX's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: freedonia
Total Posts: 39
The letters are always written strongly (as they dont like giving away any money lol) usually its just a check pending on what stage of unemployment your at,if there are two people interviewing you be very careful and remember they will cross question you and they play there hand last whatever the reason you will be asked to write a statment and sign and date it,this goes to a panel ,usually the next interview after that is under caution
hope things go well if not claim your a drunk drug using ex offender who is depressed
that way you are sure to keep your money plus a little extra lol
_______
a child of 5 would understand this send someone to fetch a child of 5
  Reply With Quote
19-09-2010, 14:25   #5
tee jay
Registered User
tee jay's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Total Posts: 84
if he's got one ov them letters to see complience officer then he's been doin something wrong. he's not telling you the truth? tell your mate thay have got something on him!!.over wise he would not have got a letter off them.tell him too admit whot he's done and pay it back if he dos'nt thay will take him too court. And that's the truth.....
  Reply With Quote
19-09-2010, 15:01   #6
emmysdad
Registered User
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Gleadamaless
Total Posts: 178
Yes a letter is very scary, my god, people are scared of their own shadow these days.
Scared of a letter? Oh my days.
  Reply With Quote
19-09-2010, 17:51   #7
HeadingNorth
Registered User
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Total Posts: 21,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by tee jay View Post
if he's got one ov them letters to see complience officer then he's been doin something wrong.

....then they believe he's been doing something wrong. They may be incorrect. If they already had proof that he was claiming fraudulently, it would be a police matter, not a Compliance Officer interview.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
19-09-2010, 17:59   #8
miaowwoof
Registered User
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Total Posts: 1,234
If he doesnt want to deal with it himself tell him to contact a local advice centre or citizens advice. They will work through it with him and may attend the interview with him.
  Reply With Quote
19-09-2010, 18:20   #9
andyofborg
Registered User
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Total Posts: 7,954
They will fasten him to a table and place electrodes on various bits and subject him to electric shocks until he admits everything
_______
Be a responsible owner, have your chav chipped and neutered.... PLEASE
  Reply With Quote
19-09-2010, 19:17   #10
daftlad
Registered User
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: near beautiful downtown bramall lane
Total Posts: 8,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyofborg View Post
They will fasten him to a table and place electrodes on various bits and subject him to electric shocks until he admits everything
and after that you go on the jeremy kyle show
  Reply With Quote
19-09-2010, 19:44   #11
Panthera
Account Closed
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: S65
Total Posts: 3,058
basically they'll come re affirm all his details, be nice and polite to him, ask if anything has changed in his circumstances in the last few months. Then he/she will drop the bomb saying " we've had a report that you been working at ****** or working as a ****** for the last 6 months, what is your reply to this?" like you say if some sad person has a vendetta against your friend they will have reported him for working while claiming jsa, the DWP have to follow up EVERY claim they receive, if your friends done nothing wrong he has nothing to worry about. Just tell him to explain to the officer that a neighbour has a personal vendetta against him for some reason.
If the DWP tell him his interview is being conducted under caution then they usually have some sort of evidence to back thier claim up.
  Reply With Quote
23-02-2013, 13:00   #12
yorshire
Registered User
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Total Posts: 1
had one of these recently and bascialy its becuase some one has reported you for something in my case my stepdad had we had a falling out over him ripping his own father of for he was selling his dads items whilst he was in hospital so i got angry and told him its disgusting what he was doing so then got a letter from customer compliance officer had the visit and its becuase he reported me for some **** and bull story, i told her all the facts and when she was leaving i asked what happened next she told me when she gets back to the ooffice it would be put to bed etc just wiaitng on a comfirmation letter that everyone was fine i dont know if you even get a letter but its a waiting game so for anyone that gets a letter from customer compliance officer beleive me its cuase someone has reported you for some thing
  Reply With Quote
23-02-2013, 14:00   #13
monkey104
Registered User
 
Joined: May 2010
Total Posts: 1,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadingNorth View Post
....then they believe he's been doing something wrong. They may be incorrect. If they already had proof that he was claiming fraudulently, it would be a police matter, not a Compliance Officer interview.
Doubt it. If they have proof he is claiming fraudulently,their own compliance department deal with it as they have the knowledge of the system.
_______
Life is for living! A life having being lived is not turning up at the pearly gates in a pristine body, it's sliding in on your knees, body tattered, torn and worn out shouting " What a rush."
  Reply With Quote
23-02-2013, 14:14   #14
Super Hans
Play a record!
Super Hans's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Crush grapes mate.
Total Posts: 2,085
I'd only worry if I had something to hide.

Like those Atos disability tests, bucket loads of people on the forum started crapping themselves when theirs came around. Didn't bother my old man in the slightest because he had nothing to hide.

My point is this, why is he worried if he has done nothing wrong? Seems like a waste of worry to me.

Last edited by Super Hans; 23-02-2013 at 14:17.
  Reply With Quote
23-02-2013, 14:23   #15
mikem8634
Registered User
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Total Posts: 2,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I'd only worry if I had something to hide.

Like those Atos disability tests, bucket loads of people on the forum started crapping themselves when theirs came around. Didn't bother my old man in the slightest because he had nothing to hide.

My point is this, why is he worried if he has done nothing wrong? Seems like a waste of worry to me.
Perhaps you could look into the evident failings in the ATOS model to see why people were and are worried.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/show...2&postcount=46
  Reply With Quote
23-02-2013, 14:26   #16
melthebell
*gets coat*
melthebell's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Near whitby, originally from Sheffield
Total Posts: 47,695
Send a message via MSN to melthebell Send a message via Yahoo to melthebell
dont forget the original post is 2010, its post 12 thats currently relevant
_______
Does your wife know what your up to mel when your in your own little world?
  Reply With Quote
23-02-2013, 16:22   #17
Anna B
Registered User
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Total Posts: 5,250
I do wish people who post this sort of thread would let us know how they got on.
  Reply With Quote
23-02-2013, 16:27   #18
spilldig
Registered User
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Total Posts: 1,323
Blimey I'm working and I can't afford a car.
  Reply With Quote
23-02-2013, 19:57   #19
Bypassblade
Registered User
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Just beyond insanity
Total Posts: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I'd only worry if I had something to hide.

Like those Atos disability tests, bucket loads of people on the forum started crapping themselves when theirs came around. Didn't bother my old man in the slightest because he had nothing to hide.

My point is this, why is he worried if he has done nothing wrong? Seems like a waste of worry to me.

TBH fella people hate the ATOS assessments, as they are flawed and it doesn't matter if you are well, ill or faking it, they give wrong prognosis's.

I know of terminally ill people who've been found fit for work by them, they tell people in wheelchairs if you can move yourself 200 yards, they can work, sorry but people do have a right to be worried as they are poor at best.

Everyone blames ATOS and yes they are bad, but are only doing what DWP's telling them, DWP have an appalling record especially against their own disabled staff.
  Reply With Quote
23-02-2013, 20:41   #20
Penistone999
Registered User
Penistone999's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: In The Countryside
Total Posts: 5,888
Are the people at ATOS who do the interviews trained medical people or is it just some penpushing jobsworth with no medical knowledge what so ever. ?
_______
Sheffield Born And Bred....Now An Ex-pat After Emigrating To Barnsley
  Reply With Quote
Reply To Topic

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:59.
POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED
Click "Report Post" under any post which may breach our terms of use.
©2002-2014 Sheffield Forum | Powered by vBulletin ©2014