Coffee Revolution / Manhattan Ecclesall Road

Coffee Revolution on Ecclesall Road, I note has now become 'Mahattan's' anyone been in? I wonder why it's changed it's name as it's always seemed busy since it opened.:confused:

The former owners sold the business, completing about a fortnight ago.

They changed the branding PDQ - I was impressed.

Not been in yet though.

EDIT - am I right in thinking that's the third set of owners it's had?

went in the other day,staff need to smile a bit and the toilet was locked when I asked for the key the lady just walked away.coffees not bad but a bit pricey!

i thought it changed its name as Sheffield Uni let them continue for a specified period of time as Coffee Revolution as part of the sale. that ran out, name changed

was a regular at coffee revolution but hadnt tried Manhattan until yesterday. less chairs and space as the new chairs are bigger and the price of drinks seems to have risen considerably.

am all for change, but not all change is good change. was disappointed as it now just looks like any old bland coffee place. why does every coffee place have to have american styling?

I have been twice in the last few weeks after a sunday in town and a convenient stopping point up Eccy Rd, for me (a picky type when it comes to service) I found the staff top notch, happy to see you without being over the top in a relaxed atmosphere. Themed? it may be tbut then with a name like Manhatten what else can it do. For me cherpy staff and a clean enviornment always get my repeat visits

changed my mind from my post in october (and im not usually one to admit im wrong!)

its really grown on me and the coffee is much better than the usual suspects on ecclesall road (starbucks, costa, nero).

and theyre local so your money isnt going to a pub company or some americans..

My favourite coffee shop on Eccy Rd. Great coffee, and great service from very friendly staff. Only downside is they have limited space, so not always able to eat/drink in.

Just been refused hot water top up in my tea at Manhattan coffee bar ecclesall rd. :confused:

Bit miserable isn't it?! nearly 2 quid for a cuppa fruit tea as well.

I remember cafes used to give you as much hot water as you like with your tea...won't be spending money there in a hurry.

BTW - Braggazzi on Abbeydale rd is bt FAR the best coffee in Sheffield.

Just been refused hot water top up in my tea at Manhattan coffee bar ecclesall rd. :confused:

Bit miserable isn't it?! nearly 2 quid for a cuppa fruit tea as well.

I remember cafes used to give you as much hot water as you like with your tea...won't be spending money there in a hurry.

BTW - Braggazzi on Abbeydale rd is bt FAR the best coffee in Sheffield.

try to go to a kebab shop and ask for a doner top up hahahaha...buy another tea instead . ridicolous try to ask a top up steak to a butcher

I asked for water not tea.

Cafes are legally obliged to give you a drink of water for free.

I was merely stating it is a bit stingy in the light of most decent cafes in my experience giving you as much hot water as you like with your tea.

:huh:

If I asked for more hot sauce on a 'kebab' from a 'kebab shop' - I am sure to be given it in order to hide the taste at least. (Not that I would ever touch the slaughterhouse floor scrapings pretending to be a cow hanging on a pole).

Edited by charlievinyl
My feelings against junk food marginally increased.

I asked for water not tea.

Cafes are legally obliged to give you a drink of water for free.

I was merely stating it is a bit stingy in the light of most decent cafes in my experience giving you as much hot water as you like with your tea.

:huh:

If I asked for more hot sauce on a 'kebab' from a 'kebab shop' - I am sure to be given it in order to hide the taste at least. (Not that I would ever touch the slaughterhouse floor scrapings pretending to be a cow hanging on a pole).

not true , only applies in licensed premises selling alcohol