Pop Up Tents? Are they good?

Ok. They've been about for a while now so am sure a few of you will have one or at least have some experience of one .. I'm thinking of buying one (2 person) to replace my heftier tent as I have a disability that wont allow me to faff about like before.

Can anyone recommend a brand?

Thank you :)

I haven't got one myself, but a lot of people I know swear by the Quecha ones from Decathlon. They seem spacious and watertight, but I'd go with a three man, just so you can store your stuff better.

Getting them back down can be tricky, til you've got the knack.

Getting them back down provides campsite entertainment! Last time I camped I watched a fellow take 15 minutes with on/off help from others and still not get it down - the five of us had packed up, washed up, loaded the car in the meantime...

go to dicathlon in town they have some great pop up tents. i got a 2 man pop up for 30 quid last year there they are all the same make. its done 3 festivals and took some hammer. just get them to show you how to get them down. its easy when you know how. it was called the queshua 2 man pop up tent.

I have a 2 man pop-up. It is great for maybe one or two nights, but it gets a lot of condensation, and certainly is not 2 man. Although a doddle to put up, and despite what has been said in another post, a doddle to pack away, it is a big item to pack. 3 feet across, won't fit in my sports car, so I have to use the luggage rack. If I knew then what I know now, I would have bought a three man one. 2 man pop-up for sale!!

Love my Quecha 2 man tent, although when we got it from Decathlon i saw the design/colour on the box that i wanted. However after opening it, the design was different.. no matter though it looks fine

Worst experience ive had is actually asking the bloke at decathlon if he has any '2-second erections'... Thats the name i'd heard them being called :hihi:

I've got a two man pop up, they're fantastic.

Getting them down is a nightmare though, fortunately there's a video of how to do it on you tube.

I haven't got one myself, but a lot of people I know swear by the Quecha ones from Decathlon. They seem spacious and watertight, but I'd go with a three man, just so you can store your stuff better.

Getting them back down can be tricky, til you've got the knack.

my bold, agrees with mojo..

To add: I think with 2man tents (pop up or not), it really means one, unless it's a partner of yours, and you have nowt with you. Mine is two man, but would be a bit too cozy for 2 unless you are huggy friends, :hihi: (and you have little stuff) ...

Only takes a few of goes at putting them down to get the knack. (I required the help of youtube video to help me the first time). But, it is a piece of pi$$ when you grasp it.

I deffo recommend one Saffy. Much more time for cups of tea and laughing at others, who are strugglin' with complicated ones. ;)

-

However, you haven't said what it is for, and that makes a slight difference. If you are just popping to a festival as a one off or something, then a 2man would probably fit the bill, but if you are thinking of doing a few camps and that, then you want to make things more comfy, and go bigger. :)

The big 150 quid one at Decathlon is ace (2 bedroom one), but requires a few viewings of youtube films, and possible arguments with people who think they know better, before successfully completing the packing up. :suspect:;):hihi:

Admittedly, this one does either require 2 people to put down, or one person with a large 'wing' span. You mentioned a disability which could mean anything, but with the 2 man one, you don't need any strength (only the strength of patience first time or so :))

Ok. They've been about for a while now so am sure a few of you will have one or at least have some experience of one .. I'm thinking of buying one (2 person) to replace my heftier tent as I have a disability that wont allow me to faff about like before.

Can anyone recommend a brand?

Thank you :)

they are unless its windy, they are tricky to pack takes practice.

Many thanks for the replies. It' mainly for the odd night. My sister has a frame tent and just pottres off locally sometimes .. I said I would join her for a night .. I don't think my back would take more than one night in a tent. So ... one night use every now and again, that's all.

I'll have a nose at Decathlon .. thank you ...

The biggest problem is that they don't really pack up into something small, but a large flattish disc shape.

I'll frisbee it home then ! :D Ach, there will be only me in the car so it can go in the back presumably.