Has anyone got/had or know someone with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?

I'm new here and i thought i would start a new thread about this as i think there is a possibility that i might have this.

I have suffered from fatigue problems for a few years but doctors have been useless, 6 years ago i started having panic attacks and was put on anti-depressants although i would like to make it clear that i have never been depressed.

I think doctors are too quick to say oh your on anti-depressants you must have depression blah blah blah and just blame it on anything.

I haven't been to the doctors for about a year now as when i last went i said i was feeling tired all the time and they done blood tests and they were fine and no explanation was given they just wanted to up the dose of my pills and that was that.

Basically i suffer from severe tiredness, Every day when i wake up it feels like i have just got into bed as it doesn't feel like i have slept at all, I never feel refreshed, Also i just always feel tired no matter what i never have a day where i feel 'normal', If i exercise i find that i feel worse, I also seem to get aches and pains and just generally feel crap, I also seem to suffer short-term memory problems and being quite forgetful.

Even walking around makes me feel more tired and i just don't understand it, Like i said i have felt like this for a long time and i really struggle and it can be very frustrating sometimes.

After doing some research my symptoms do sound quite like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, I know if i go to the doctors i will keep being fobbed off so i don't really know what to do as no doubt they will blame it on depression just because i take anti-depressants even though i have never been or felt depressed and my tiredness is not down to lack of motivation so i know i am not depressed.

I am hoping someone might be able to tell me whether what i describe sounds like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and what i should do next.

Also now i mention it as i have moved recently i shall be transferring to a new doctors surgery.

dont know anything about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome but can certainly understand yoy frustration at the doctors for not listening, out of interest have you tried a diffrent doc?

i have bipolar affective dissorder my self and some doctors are sooooo much better than others!

Have you tried many different things? Making sure you're not dehydrated and checked your diet etc?

Is this the same as ME? I have a close friend with symptoms like this, I will ask her if there is some kind of Sheffield Support Group that might help?

Have you tried many different things? Making sure you're not dehydrated and checked your diet etc?

Yes tried everything, My diet is fine too, This problem started suddenly and i have been suffering for a long time, I also suffer from Asthma so my immune system wasn't great before this problem started.

Yes tried everything, My diet is fine too, This problem started suddenly and i have been suffering for a long time, I also suffer from Asthma so my immune system wasn't great before this problem started.

Have you been checked for allergies? Blood pressure checked? All bloodwork been done? Has anything medically abnormal been found?

there is a group within Sheffield for people who have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ CFS /ME.

It may be useful to give them a call/ email them and talk about how it's affecting you, and what you could do as well as info about organisations/ statutory bodies to contact for help.

Sheffield M.E. Group

The Circle

33 Rockingham Lane

Sheffield

S1 4FW

Telephone: (Information Service /office) - 0114 253 6700

Email: info@sheffieldMEgroup.co.uk

I have ME and the diagnostic criteria is basically that they check everything else is ok, do all the blood tests etc, and if everything comes back as normal then they diagnose CFS.

It sounds as though your doctors are well out of date, as CFS/ME is well recognised now.

Go to your doctors again and tell them that you think you may have got CFS and they should refer you to the rheumatology department at the Hallamshire for more tests. You could also contact the CFS clinic at Fairlawns for advice but I think they like you to have a referral from a doctor before they will see you.

I'm new here and i thought i would start a new thread about this as i think there is a possibility that i might have this.

I have suffered from fatigue problems for a few years but doctors have been useless, 6 years ago i started having panic attacks and was put on anti-depressants although i would like to make it clear that i have never been depressed.

I think doctors are too quick to say oh your on anti-depressants you must have depression blah blah blah and just blame it on anything.

I haven't been to the doctors for about a year now as when i last went i said i was feeling tired all the time and they done blood tests and they were fine and no explanation was given they just wanted to up the dose of my pills and that was that.

Basically i suffer from severe tiredness, Every day when i wake up it feels like i have just got into bed as it doesn't feel like i have slept at all, I never feel refreshed, Also i just always feel tired no matter what i never have a day where i feel 'normal', If i exercise i find that i feel worse, I also seem to get aches and pains and just generally feel crap, I also seem to suffer short-term memory problems and being quite forgetful.

Even walking around makes me feel more tired and i just don't understand it, Like i said i have felt like this for a long time and i really struggle and it can be very frustrating sometimes.

After doing some research my symptoms do sound quite like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, I know if i go to the doctors i will keep being fobbed off so i don't really know what to do as no doubt they will blame it on depression just because i take anti-depressants even though i have never been or felt depressed and my tiredness is not down to lack of motivation so i know i am not depressed.

I am hoping someone might be able to tell me whether what i describe sounds like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and what i should do next.

Also now i mention it as i have moved recently i shall be transferring to a new doctors surgery.

Your symptoms are almost identical to my cousins symptoms and he has been diagnosed with CFS, he battled for years to get some recognition of his illness and many of the doctors who saw him treated him very badly. He was told many times it was all in his head, one doctor said he was simply idle.

He is once again bed bound with very little support and is still not getting the medical help he needs.

You have my sympathy if indeed you do have ME/CFS :(

Yes, you would need a referrel from your GP or the Hospital to attend the ME Clinic at Fairlawns.

The ME support group that has been suggested can also give you an idea of sympathetic GP's in your area so I would definitely give them a call, as you say you will be changing your GP so you may as well find one that is understanding of this horrible condition.

Good Luck

x

sounds to me like you have Fibromyalgia, check your symptoms on the internet, for what has been suggested here, then visit the doc's and ask him his opinion, it took me 2 years to get a diagnosis, but that was 15 years ago, and things are a lot better now. Let us know how you go on.

sounds to me like you have Fibromyalgia, check your symptoms on the internet, for what has been suggested here, then visit the doc's and ask him his opinion, it took me 2 years to get a diagnosis, but that was 15 years ago, and things are a lot better now. Let us know how you go on.

Thanks for your message, I would honestly say it's Chronic Fatigue Syndrome on the basis that after researching both it points more to Chronic Fatigue, I don't got lots of pain like in people with Fibromyalgia, I do get some aches and some headaches and sore throat and stuff but my main problem is quite severe fatigue and i also have short term memory problems (i was once very concerned about my memory problems as i felt like i was going mad and could be developing something like dementia but that's very uncommon in someone who is 27 so Chronic Fatigue would make sense with the tiredness and memory problems.)

I hope the doctors make a quick diagnosis either way and i hope i won't have to wait a year or two to find out.