Trevor Hockey's Velvetex Car

Can anyone remember velvetex-at least I think that's what it was called.

Trevor Hockey-Dai Fungus as he was known when he managed to get capped for Wales- certainly had his Triumph Vitesse covered in this dark green velvet type coating. Once on-it stayed on!

It must have been about 1970 that this short lived fashion existed.

The item to be covered was applied with a bostik type glue and velvet fibres were then applied. I can remember a guy at Nether Green did his Lotus 7 the same.

It was one of those things that must have been soon regretted after application. Like lots of things!

My ex used to do Velvetex back in the 60's. He had a Consul with the roof done in it. He had a Vitesse at one time but I can't remember if he did it to that. It was "velvet fibres, electrostaticly shot onto a base of epoxy resin"....I can hear him say that now :hihi:. It was apparently going to be, or was used to coat the inside of gun barrels to stop glare but he decided to do his car.

I've often wondered if they were still in existance.

Can anyone remember velvetex-at least I think that's what it was called.

Trevor Hockey-Dai Fungus as he was known when he managed to get capped for Wales- certainly had his Triumph Vitesse covered in this dark green velvet type coating. Once on-it stayed on!

It must have been about 1970 that this short lived fashion existed.

The item to be covered was applied with a bostik type glue and velvet fibres were then applied. I can remember a guy at Nether Green did his Lotus 7 the same.

It was one of those things that must have been soon regretted after application. Like lots of things!

trevor hockeys football skills were more memorable than his car an inspired signing by john harris great footballing days for sheffield utd

i remember his car i worked at the petrol station on leadmill road where he filled his car .it was like velvet

I remember Trevor Hockey's velvetex car (thought it was blue), but green is okay lol. I often used to have a natter with Trev when he came into the Buccaneer refreshment hall in Leopold Street on Tuesday's or Wednesday's depending on his playing commitments in 1971-72. He generally parked his car in Orchard Lane or on the Grand Hotel forecourt. Just thought, maybe it was his velvet jacket that was blue! Keighley's finest died quite young (early 40's)? Sleep peacefully Trev and thanks for the drinks. I was only 17 in 1971.

I too thought it was Blue,i once saw it in the entrance of Endcliffe Park,in the early 70s.