What's the property market like at the moment?

I am about to put my house on the market, 3 bed semi in Greystones, but not sure it is a good idea at the moment, so soon after an election and people possibly about to lose their jobs. :huh::help:

Has anyone any views as to the health of the property market at the moment....any comments appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

well the three properties near me in greystones all had "SOLD " notices up within a month of coming on the market

The house opposite us in Hillsborough sold in 2 weeks.

Cant sell my city centre apartment for love nor money, but I think that is the apartment market which is still in the early stages of recovery.

Depends if you need to move and where are you moving to.

Houses in Greystones generally sell well due to the location.

Also check your mortgage if you have one. If you need to increase it what rate will your present lender give you?

Thanks everyone...the first two posts sound very promising. I had noticed one or two by us had been sold, but others seem to be hanging about.

Hi Glennis,

I've noticed a steep increase in removal enquires recently and I've moved a few people in the last few weeks that sold their houses in a matter of days!! So i'd agree that the market is definitely picking up (although I didn't discuss sold prices etc but they all seemed happy enough!!)

Plus it is a good time of year to sell - with the light nights and supposed summer. Best of luck

I'd get it on the market quick and be willing to compromise on price to get a quick sale because I fear house prices are about to fall off a cliff.

The catalyst will be the increase in CG tax from 18% to 40%,

Also interest rates can only go up and if the banks are given permission to start repossessing those who owe them (us?) money you have the perfect recipe for the biggest housepricecrash in history.

Basically believe the exact opposite of what the daily express tells you.

Good luck and don't say you weren't warned :suspect:

I'd get it on the market quick and be willing to compromise on price to get a quick sale because I fear house prices are about to fall off a cliff.

The catalyst will be the increase in CG tax from 18% to 40%,

Also interest rates can only go up and if the banks are given permission to start repossessing those who owe them (us?) money you have the perfect recipe for the biggest housepricecrash in history.

Basically believe the exact opposite of what the daily express tells you.

Good luck and don't say you weren't warned :suspect:

House price inflation hits 8.5% in April according to Land Registry figures.

Prices rose by just 0.2% in April.

House prices are up everywhere in the UK but there is a stark divide generally between the North & South, London up 15% Yorkshire & Humber up just 0.7%.

After staging a substantial comeback over the past year,the property market has been tipped to cool by economists and the lenders have warned that a funding gap may be triggered when the Government's Special Liquidity Scheme ends.

In all the economists forecast that house prices will struggle to make significant gains this year but I have not seen anyone else predict the biggest house price crash in history which Adamike predicts.

I sold in Greystones in Feb 2008 which you could have said was at the lowest point of the crash. Sold in a month to a cash buyer and could have sold it about 4 times over. A near neighbour sold his in a few weeks in Dec 2008 and had to back out due to a lack of anything decent for him to buy at a decent price.

Location, location, location - rings true.

Trying to buy anything as a doer-upper in S10, S11, S17 or even parts of S7 at the moment prices are going above asking - I have been trying to buy since Sept 2009.