A male may urinate in public, so long as..

A post on another thread made me wonder, and I didn't want to hijack the thread, so.....

"A male may urinate in public, so long as it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle, and his right hand is on the vehicle."

I've checked this statement out and it appears to be correct (as in, it's quoted on lots of different websites though I can't find the definite source). So, my question is, has anyone tried this and got away with it?

Does it matter (presumably it does) if it's not his own vehicle? How about if he's driving it with the owner's permission (not at the same time, obviously)? How about, er, if you're a lady (though not much of one if you're weeing against the rear tyre of your vehicle while also holding on to said vehicle with your right hand, clearly)? Would you have some kind of 'equal opportunity' claim?

A post on another thread made me wonder, and I didn't want to hijack the thread, so.....

"A male may urinate in public, so long as it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle, and his right hand is on the vehicle."

I've checked this statement out and it appears to be correct (as in, it's quoted on lots of different websites though I can't find the definite source). So, my question is, has anyone tried this and got away with it?

Does it matter (presumably it does) if it's not his own vehicle? How about if he's driving it with the owner's permission (not at the same time, obviously)? How about, er, if you're a lady (though not much of one if you're weeing against the rear tyre of your vehicle while also holding on to said vehicle with your right hand, clearly)? Would you have some kind of 'equal opportunity' claim?

I think there was some mention about one hand being placed on the vehicle - but not sure if this was all a big joke or not as it seems from watching various police camera action programs on television the man urinating can get arrested for indecent exposure amongst other things.

I think there was some mention about one hand being placed on the vehicle - but not sure if this was all a big joke or not as it seems from watching various police camera action programs on television the man urinating can get arrested for indecent exposure amongst other things.

How about if he conceals the offending member with his left hand? Or, would the Law say that it's reasonable to expose a certain amount of flesh in carrying out an activity permissable under current legislation?

I've never found a definitive answer to this either, but I think it is one of those laws which remains on the books, but is superceded by other laws; ie. the police could still arrest you for some offence or other.

I imagine forummers will be busy googling about this now.

There has been mention of this on other threads on sf but not sure where. Wasn't that long ago though cos I remember - and memory is one thing folk my age seem to have problems with. ;)

I imagine forummers will be busy googling about this now.

There has been mention of this on other threads on sf but not sure where. Wasn't that long ago though cos I remember - and memory is one thing folk my age seem to have problems with. ;)

I did have a quick search before I posted, but none seemed to have exhaustively discussed the subject. There's a concept in property law called derogation from grant that basically means that if you lease land to someone for a purpose, you can't then effectively prevent that person from carrying out that purpose by doing (or permitting) something on your own land that prevents it.

I wonder if there's something in law that would work the same in this case - ie, if the law permits the activity, it would be unreasonable to prevent that activity as long as it's being carried out strictly in accordance?

Has anybody ever been fined?

I know a couple who have, and one who nearly was, but let off. (Not on the back wheels of cars mind)

If I've got to go I'll find a tree/bush, or aim down a drain.

There is a lack of public toilets around though, or what really bugs me, locked toilets, or those ones only the disabled can use for which you need a key.

I was caught urinating by the police but I ended up getting a half hour chase over Shirecliffe tip and got away. I must admit though that the woman police officer chasing me had incredible stamina, she was like Seb Coe.

I've never found a definitive answer to this either, but I think it is one of those laws which remains on the books, but is superceded by other laws; ie. the police could still arrest you for some offence or other.
yes ,its out of date same as a pregnant woman can urinate in a policemans helmet and a scotsman in full regalia can ask a civil servant to tie his shoelaces ,or a taxi/hackney carriage must carry a bail of straw,there are lots of defunct laws still on the books that wont stand today

a welshman can be shot with an arrow after sundown in hereford cathedral is another one that wouldnt be allowed,all archaic laws that have as yet to be removed

I think this still applies to taxi and bus drivers....

If im wrong, my local bus driver is a pervert :hihi:

How about if he conceals the offending member with his left hand? Or, would the Law say that it's reasonable to expose a certain amount of flesh in carrying out an activity permissable under current legislation?

It would appear to discriminate agianst one armed men. But as I suspect it is all a load of taters anyhow it perhaps doesn't matter.