Sheffield Forum

IPhone repairs in Sheff

Home > General > Computer & Tech Chat

Reply To Topic

09-04-2010, 10:23   #1
lafemme51

Total Posts: 279
can anyone recommend a shop that carries out iPhone repairs - my screen is cracked in bottom corner, its not a major problem but I would like it replacing at some time
09-04-2010, 11:31   #2
carpetviper
Lord Kinclaven

Total Posts: 3,440
Send a message via AIM to carpetviper Send a message via Yahoo to carpetviper
Try the apple shop
09-04-2010, 16:15   #3
shazzamattazza

Total Posts: 533
I have recommended these guys before as I always take mobiles to them for unlocking / advice / repair

Fone Fun Shop
Across the roundabout from ASDA, Handsworth
tel 243 7800

they have a web site that will give you more info, just Google them.

I was quoted 25 for Iphone unlocking and taking 2-3 days from a shop an Chapel Walk, these guys did it for 10 in 3-4hours. I just wanted to know what other shops offered now I know rubbish compared to them.
_______
You can't be young forever.

But you can be immature for the rest of your life.

Last edited by shazzamattazza; 09-04-2010 at 16:17.
09-04-2010, 19:47   #4
stumathers

Total Posts: 162
Apple shop in meadowhall is your best bet.
09-04-2010, 20:33   #5
GreekMyth

Total Posts: 13
the meadowhall aplle shop. they replaced my friends headphones for free even without showing a warranty. the chapel walk shop is good for unlocking however when my nokia phones screen got cracked they said they cant replace it. carphone warehouse charges a standard 45 pounds and they did the job. they send the phone to apple or nokia or whereever its from and they even service and clean the phone. mine looked very clean and new when i got it.
10-04-2010, 04:06   #6
animal2477

Total Posts: 1,781
Send a message via MSN to animal2477
fonefun at handsworth is the way to go,cheap and realiable,good set of lads and they wont rip you off either
10-04-2010, 09:40   #7
xdbx

Total Posts: 1,239
http://www.ndtec.co.uk
Best Apple service and sales
Sponsored Links
10-04-2010, 10:46   #8
damo

Total Posts: 4,116
I wouldn't take it anywhere other than Apple unless you're happy to wave goodbye to your warranty
_______
It's so hard being me!
11-04-2010, 20:33   #9
xdbx

Total Posts: 1,239
Er as far as I'm aware Apple at MH are only supposed to do very minor repairs anything major and you could be given a time of 24 hours to 14 days. People like NDTec are not only fully authorised repairers and service dealers but also there for sales too. They have to abide by a very strict code of practise on all levels and are generally expected to fix stuff in a very limited time.
No I don't work for them but having been a Mac user for over 20 years its good to support a dedicated team than a bunch of fashion students!
11-04-2010, 21:19   #10
damo

Total Posts: 4,116
I've found Apple to very quick with repairs/replacements any work undertaken by anyone other than Apple will void your warranty immediately not matter "authorized" someone might say they are.
_______
It's so hard being me!
12-04-2010, 14:34   #11
Sotrondog

Total Posts: 15
A company that is an Apple Authorised Service Provider is exactly that - they are authorised by Apple to carry out repairs on your Mac, either still in warranty or with AppleCare.

I also use NDTec both at work (we have done for the last 5 years) and at home for my personal Mac, as they are based conveniently in the middle of Sheffield and provide you with the sort of personal service for your computer that's just so hard to find these days.

My previous experience of dealing with Apple themselves was quite frustrating. Even if you take your phone to the Apple Store, they'll probably send it somewhere else.
12-04-2010, 15:31   #12
gravity426

Total Posts: 576
when it comes to iphones, the apple store is pretty much the only option. If your phone is less than a year from new, even if you didnt buy it yourself, they will swap it out free of charge.

If its out of warrenty then different story.

Whats wrong with it?
21-04-2010, 09:21   #13
lafemme51

Total Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by shazzamattazza View Post
I have recommended these guys before as I always take mobiles to them for unlocking / advice / repair

Fone Fun Shop
Across the roundabout from ASDA, Handsworth
tel 243 7800

they have a web site that will give you more info, just Google them.

I was quoted 25 for Iphone unlocking and taking 2-3 days from a shop an Chapel Walk, these guys did it for 10 in 3-4hours. I just wanted to know what other shops offered now I know rubbish compared to them.
Thanks I will try them. Guy on market stall at CP said 70.
21-04-2010, 10:42   #14
shazzamattazza

Total Posts: 533
Funnily enought I have just bought another iphone from a mate, and Fone Fun Shop come up trumps yet again.

I phoned and asked about a new back cover (as the one currently on is white), if they had one and could they fit it.

They said,and I quote " we can sell you a back for the iphone but you would be better off to get an Apple one at about 60 or 70 fitted by Apple. We have fitted a couple of backs 'cos the customer insisted and the phone got damaged, not worth getting a none Apple one".

I don't think many places would be that up front, knowing they could charge you a fair bit of cash.
So I'll buy a clip on back from Fone Fun Shop, which what I have seen looks OK.
_______
You can't be young forever.

But you can be immature for the rest of your life.
28-09-2010, 19:28   #15
sheffy46

Total Posts: 15
Recommend these guys www.fonefunshop.co.uk/repairs/iphone_repairs.htm
Had a problem with my iphone, it was freezing on me, could not open the lock, also was very temperamental on other buttons. They sorted it out for me by putting a new screen and digitizer. Business first class, and very, very helpful and friendly. Cost 45, excellent. Thanks "fonefunshop" and sheffield forum.
28-09-2010, 21:05   #16
sares67

Total Posts: 149
if you have your phone insured (always a good idea with an iphone) then you can just get a new one. I have mine insured, broke it the other week, got sent a new one within 24 hrs, had it 2 weeks when dropped it and screen all cracked, got another new one, again within 24 hrs. long as its backed up on itunes you dont lose anything.
29-09-2010, 11:04   #17
tracyj

Total Posts: 325
i think theres a place in peaks who does this
29-09-2010, 19:30   #18
babybel

Total Posts: 743
I was really thinking seriously about getting an Iphone, but know so many people who've got cracked screens, is it a more common problem than I initially thought? Hope you get it sorted soon!
_______
Everything is quicker on two wheels!
05-10-2010, 19:52   #19
Panthera
Account Closed

Total Posts: 3,058
went into apple in meadowhall with a query about my iphone they checked it, said they couldnt find a problem but they gave me a brand new iphone and said my old one would be analized by apple for faults, i said is this new one only a temp then?, he replied no its yours to keep...good service if you ask me
07-01-2011, 13:19   #20
RozeePozee

Total Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by sares67 View Post
if you have your phone insured (always a good idea with an iphone) then you can just get a new one. I have mine insured, broke it the other week, got sent a new one within 24 hrs, had it 2 weeks when dropped it and screen all cracked, got another new one, again within 24 hrs. long as its backed up on itunes you dont lose anything.
Who do you get your insurance from?
Reply To Topic