New tyres to the rear!

I recently went to kwik fit to buy 2 new front tyres for my car, the chap there told me that it was now common practice for them to fit new tyres to the rear! Even though it is a front wheel drive car. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Depends.. do you need new tyres at the rear?

no, it was the front tyres that had worn out.

Just say to them, "If I wanted new tyres at the rear, I'd have asked for them"

Yes you`r right, ididn`t want them on the rear, think i`l go to another tyre shop instead.

Yes you`r right, ididn`t want them on the rear, think i`l go to another tyre shop instead.

Its simple really. Why not ask them to move your current rear tyres to the front, and have the new ones fitted to the rear.

Its simple really. Why not ask them to move your current rear tyres to the front, and have the new ones fitted to the rear.
Lol, brilliant, definatly do this!

Hi. Thanks for your comments. Also many thanks to the links to michelin & etyres, their video & comments were very informative. Now if kwik fit had told me why they fit new to the rear then i wouldn`t have gone away confused.

Hi. Thanks for your comments. Also many thanks to the links to michelin & etyres, their video & comments were very informative. Now if kwik fit had told me why they fit new to the rear then i wouldn`t have gone away confused.

I was first told this 3 or 4 years ago when I was buying 2 new tyres. It was explained to me (tyres shop on Penistone Road, at the junction with Herries Road South). I went along with it, but was still unsure as its kind of counter intuitive, so I searched the web and found several articles confirming that this is the correct thing to do.

I was first told this 3 or 4 years ago when I was buying 2 new tyres. It was explained to me (tyres shop on Penistone Road, at the junction with Herries Road South). I went along with it, but was still unsure as its kind of counter intuitive, so I searched the web and found several articles confirming that this is the correct thing to do.

it seems as if it`s the old school of motoring that want them on the front, but things change and so should we i suppose.