Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Disposal of economy 7 storage heaters

Home > General > General Discussions

Reply To Topic

16-01-2010, 08:25   #1
moorland

Total Posts: 2
can anybody tell me if there is a company or business which will dispose of economy 7 storage heaters ( there are 5 ) thanks
16-01-2010, 08:46   #2
Big Sigh

Total Posts: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorland View Post
can anybody tell me if there is a company or business which will dispose of economy 7 storage heaters ( there are 5 ) thanks
Are they in good condition or are they condemned ? As u will probably no they have thermal bricks in them which i presume need to be took out and the metal recycled. As for disposal try a scrap man/woman.
16-01-2010, 11:31   #3
matsalleh

Total Posts: 4,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sigh View Post
Are they in good condition or are they condemned ? As u will probably no they have thermal bricks in them which i presume need to be took out and the metal recycled. As for disposal try a scrap man/woman.
Old ones will probably have asbestos in them.I did it myself,the asbestos was in a flat plastic bag,if you are carefull taking the thing apart and do not burst the bag double wrap it in heavy duty polythene bags and High Green dumpit site will take it.The removal is easy,mine had a screw either side so the front can swing down remove the top and then the bricks (very heavy).The asbestos is behind the bricks.Wear a mask and carefully remove the asbestos.Finally take the unit off the wall.Takes 30 -40 minutes if that.
_______
Still a tax payer
16-01-2010, 16:29   #4
moorland

Total Posts: 2
thanks for the reply and information
16-01-2010, 16:44   #5
biotechpete

Total Posts: 1,775
This site will tell you if your model contains asbestos. That pad isn't necessarily made of it.

http://www.aic.org.uk/Storageheaters.htm

As above, easy to take apart and remove bricks and then quite light to take to dump for metal recycling.
_______
Sapiens nihil affirmat quod non probat
Reply To Topic