Sheffield Forum

I think my girlfriend is a sociopath

Home > General > General Discussions

Reply To Topic

15-01-2010, 15:17   #1
parmo

Total Posts: 12
Has anyone had the same thoughts about there partner,and if so why?
15-01-2010, 15:18   #2
vizsla

Total Posts: 326
What has she done, does she drink alcohol or take drugs, we cannot really answer unless we know.
15-01-2010, 15:20   #3
pattricia
Miss Moneypenny

Total Posts: 74,477
This illness exhibits such a long list of disorders that its hard to give an opinion.
_______
I Dont Mind Having A Bad Reputation --As Long As Ive Had The Pleasure Of Earning It.
15-01-2010, 15:21   #4
parmo

Everything is my fault
15-01-2010, 15:22   #5
cgksheff

Total Posts: 20,712
Recently, every time I go outside, I get confronted by a slipperipath.
15-01-2010, 15:23   #6
Agent Orange

Total Posts: 23,127
Out of the below, which is she guitly of:

Glibness and Superficial Charm

Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

Grandiose Sense of Self
Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

Incapacity for Love

Need for Stimulation
Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

Irresponsibility/Unreliability
Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

Some of the above personality traits I recognise in previous partners
15-01-2010, 15:25   #7
skinz

Total Posts: 6,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by parmo View Post
Everything is my fault
She's probably right.
Sponsored Links
15-01-2010, 15:25   #8
Ghostrider

Total Posts: 8,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post

Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

Grandiose Sense of Self

Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

Incapacity for Love

Need for Stimulation
Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

Goddamn - im a sociopath
_______
Mad Muzz (Kaos Karaoke)
Available for residencies & private hire
15-01-2010, 15:28   #9
shortcrust

Total Posts: 1,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgksheff View Post
That made me laugh and laugh and laugh....
15-01-2010, 15:30   #10
millhouses24

Total Posts: 2,475
Quote:
Darling, stop talking about me on a public forum. And you know when you patted your dog goodbye this morning? I hope you enjoyed it cause little Rover is making soup right now.
15-01-2010, 15:33   #11
parmo

Most of the below, "I do everything for you and you do nothing for me"
She told someone i never give her any money,and when i asked her why she said it, she said "well, you dont" but i do!
15-01-2010, 15:37   #12
boyfriday

Total Posts: 30,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgksheff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealchris View Post
That made me laugh and laugh and laugh....

Me too, but I guess that's what happens when you walk all over her
_______
"I have no colour prejudices nor caste prejudices nor creed prejudices. All I care to know is that a man is a human being, and that is enough for me; he can't be any worse." Mark Twain
15-01-2010, 15:38   #13
Agent Orange

Total Posts: 23,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
Goddamn - im a sociopath
Have we dated?
15-01-2010, 15:41   #14
Ghostrider

Total Posts: 8,154
Quote:
Have we dated?
I did play with your light sabre one night
_______
Mad Muzz (Kaos Karaoke)
Available for residencies & private hire
15-01-2010, 15:43   #15
Dave650

Total Posts: 8,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
Goddamn - im a sociopath
Was about to say the same!
_______
15-01-2010, 16:06   #16
exCrossLad

Total Posts: 20
Quote:

Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may te and humiliate their victims.

Grandiose Sense of Self

Pathological Lying

Shallow Emotions

Incapacity for Love

Need for Stimulation

Promiscuous ual Behavior/Infidelity
Promiscuity, child ual abuse, and ual acting out of all sorts.

Sounds like my ex wife.....want her phone number?
15-01-2010, 17:31   #17
slimsid2000

Total Posts: 13,926
Quote:
Yes - my girlfriend* is thin and made of tarmac and likes to lay down beside roads - I think she is a cycle path.

*(as if)
15-01-2010, 17:39   #18
cressida
Princess Cool

Total Posts: 19,469
Well no-one is perfect
_______
'The more you ignore me the closer I get' Morrissey

'I meant to behave but there were too many other options'
15-01-2010, 17:43   #19
slimsid2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cressida View Post
Well no-one is perfect
I am actually.
15-01-2010, 17:45   #20
slimsid2000

Quote:
Everything is my fault
Well who was it who forgot to put the cat out last Thursday? Hey. And who was it who over stacked on chilie powder? And who was it who recorded over Eastenders with match of the Day 2?

Yes. You matey, you.
Reply To Topic