Sign in to follow this  

Guitar Teacher Wanted

Hello, I have been playing the guitar for a few years on and off but don't seem to be getting any better. I am looking for a teacher who could show me a few new tricks, practice techniques and more importantly the pentatonic scales.

Into Indie music and Classic rock like Sabbath, the Smiths , The Jam etc so would want someone who likes similar music to teach me.

I live in Hunters bar but have a car so can travel. Anyone who can help get in touch. Tar

My guitar playing really improved when I started buying Total Guitar magazine. This mag comes with a CD of well-known tracks, such as in the past there's been Sweet Child O' Mine, Hotel California, Layla and more recent stuff by the likes of Metallica and Green Day.

You get the full version followed by just the backing track. You can then relate to the TAB in the magazine and sometimes you can watch certain licks on the CD-Rom. Reading TAB, breaking bits down and then playing along to the CD brought me on leaps and bounds.

You can always play along to the CD making it up as you go along - a great way to get familiar with scales and chord boxes.

Put it this way: I started to venture up to the 'dusty end' of the fretboard and it gave me confidence to play lead guitar instead of just strumming away.

Give it a try - most newsagents sell it. I only stopped getting it because it went a bit too Nu-punk for my liking - but if I see an old classic transcribed then I'll buy it again.

(PS - And everything she wants costs money!)

Hi, if you're still looking for a teacher I do a bit of teaching from my house in Hillsborough. I'm just starting work on my grade 8 and could definitely help out with some scales, exercises and music theory etc. I'm also happy to help out with any songs you'd like to learn.

I charge £6 a lesson, but I do the first one free to make sure that we want to work together.

Anyway, if you're interested let me know!

Chris

Hi Chris,

That sounds great ,send me your email address and i'll be in touch.

Tim

Go to wavelength music mate, (on london road, town side, near the vietnamese noodle bar)

Alan and Steve both teach guitar, and I can vouch for Alan for being a very good teacher

He has played in every band you can imagine and is as happy teaching acoustic country music as he is heavy rawk.

Steve is a blues guitarist and lives in hillsborough, I think I'm going to go to him next year as I love acoustic blues,

I know Alan charges £15/hour (which is a good £8 under what the Musicians Union recommends you charge) - he lives just off london road too, so fairly easy to get to as well.

Hey planet celza i live in Hunter bar area and would'nt mind teaching I've recently completed a music degree and can easily point you in the right diection. Drop me line if your interested in meeting up for a free demo/chat at purelygold@gmail.com