Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Typical Sheffield Pub Quiz Questions........

Home > General > General Discussions

Reply To Topic
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
02-08-2005, 12:07   #1
BoppinBruce
Registered User
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: S10
Total Posts: 820
I ran a pub quiz for 10 years at 'The Closed Shop' and 'The Hallamshire House' in Commonside. Here are some typical questions, play the game and don't look up the answers..........

Name the 7 dwarves of Snow White Fame? and which is only one that does not end in letter y

Name Top Cats Gang?

Name the Famous five?

Name the christened names of The Beatles? watch this as two of the Beatles were Christened different names

What were the names of the Munsters Family.

Name all the actors that played James Bond on the silver screen. Watch this as there is a rouge one.

You want to add your own please do so before it gets booted to I'm Bored. Over to you...............
_______
Here Comes Summer, School is Out Oh Happy Day
  Reply With Quote
02-08-2005, 12:47   #2
chickmonk
Registered User
chickmonk's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Total Posts: 740
Good quiz

I'm confused though. I thought 2 of the dwarves don't end in a 'y'??

Can get four out of the five in famous five but now stuck...

Question...
Can you name all of the Thundercats?

And for a special bonus, all the baddies?
  Reply With Quote
02-08-2005, 13:15   #3
floyd77
'Real Northerner'
floyd77's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Oughtibridge
Total Posts: 2,134
Quote:
Originally posted by BoppinBruce
I ran a pub quiz for 10 years at 'The Closed Shop' and 'The Hallamshire House' in Commonside. Here are some typical questions, play the game and don't look up the answers..........

Name the 7 dwarves of Snow White Fame? and which is only one that does not end in letter y

Name Top Cats Gang?

Name the Famous five?

Name the christened names of The Beatles? watch this as two of the Beatles were Christened different names

What were the names of the Munsters Family.

Name all the actors that played James Bond on the silver screen. Watch this as there is a rouge one.

You want to add your own please do so before it gets booted to I'm Bored. Over to you...............
1. Doc
2. Errr.....
3. errrr....
4. Richard (Ringo) Starkey and errrr......
5. Eddie, Herman, lilly & Grandpa
6. David Niven, Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger 'rubbish' Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan

And my questions....

1. Who was the first person to ever play the part of James Bond?
2. What was the name of the character who played the cop in the Smokey & the Bandit
_______
kerrsolutions.co.uk Web and Small Business Solutions.
Free Website Review Free Hosting & Domain Names Websites from 99
  Reply With Quote
02-08-2005, 14:15   #4
Hopman
Registered User
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Total Posts: 1,433
Question 1.

Wasn't it Bob Holness on the radio (overseas?)
  Reply With Quote
02-08-2005, 14:18   #5
floyd77
'Real Northerner'
floyd77's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Oughtibridge
Total Posts: 2,134
Quote:
Originally posted by Hopman
Question 1.

Wasn't it Bob Holness on the radio (overseas?)
He was indeed the first person to play Bond, on the radio. (Question 1 was about the dwarves though! - Bob Holness is quite tall!)
_______
kerrsolutions.co.uk Web and Small Business Solutions.
Free Website Review Free Hosting & Domain Names Websites from 99
  Reply With Quote
02-08-2005, 14:27   #6
Ousetunes
Eboracum Glory!
Ousetunes's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Ogleforth
Total Posts: 9,700
The Beatles were

James Paul McCartney
John Winston Lennon (middle name after the PM - he changed it to Ono)
George Harrison
Richard Starkey (with rumours that he was actually born Richard Stalin)

Here's a Beatles question (which people very often get wrong):

What was the Beatles' last UK Number One Hit Single?

Finally, (Bruce) if you've done quizzes in these boozers we must have met at some point. I work round the corner on Barber Road.
_______
तो मैं एक छोटे से हिंदी बोल सकता है
  Reply With Quote
02-08-2005, 14:30   #7
21steve
Registered User
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Total Posts: 377
Free as a bird? or Real Love?

Last edited by 21steve; 02-08-2005 at 14:34.
  Reply With Quote
02-08-2005, 14:37   #8
Ousetunes
Eboracum Glory!
Ousetunes's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Ogleforth
Total Posts: 9,700
Quote:
Originally posted by 21steve
Free as a bird? or Real Love?
No, ironically, Wacko Jacko prevented Free As A Bird from getting to number one (he still owns the copyright to almost the whole of the Beatles' catalogue).
_______
तो मैं एक छोटे से हिंदी बोल सकता है
  Reply With Quote
02-08-2005, 14:43   #9
metalman
Registered User
metalman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Total Posts: 5,981
Status: Online
Bashful and Doc both don't end in a y.
  Reply With Quote
02-08-2005, 14:50   #10
BoppinBruce
Registered User
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: S10
Total Posts: 820
so you are in my quiz. Which one dont end in a y, you have two choices......sorted.
_______
Here Comes Summer, School is Out Oh Happy Day
  Reply With Quote
02-08-2005, 14:57   #11
slimsid2000
Registered User
slimsid2000's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Dore village, Sheffield
Total Posts: 13,926
Quote:
Originally posted by Ousetunes
The Beatles were

James Paul McCartney
John Winston Lennon (middle name after the PM - he changed it to Ono)
George Harrison
Richard Starkey (with rumours that he was actually born Richard Stalin)

Here's a Beatles question (which people very often get wrong):

What was the Beatles' last UK Number One Hit Single?

Was it 'Hey Jude' in 1969?

That was one of the later ones.
  Reply With Quote
02-08-2005, 15:01   #12
floyd77
'Real Northerner'
floyd77's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Oughtibridge
Total Posts: 2,134
Quote:
Originally posted by floyd77
He was indeed the first person to play Bond, on the radio. (Question 1 was about the dwarves though! - Bob Holness is quite tall!)
D'oh - ignore me - brain has left the building!
_______
kerrsolutions.co.uk Web and Small Business Solutions.
Free Website Review Free Hosting & Domain Names Websites from 99
  Reply With Quote
02-08-2005, 15:02   #13
Ousetunes
Eboracum Glory!
Ousetunes's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Ogleforth
Total Posts: 9,700
Tis a good guess, Slimsid, but incorrect. Hey Jude (which begun life as Hey Jules, for John's son [to Cynthia]) was a number one hit in 1968. At the time it was the longest song to ever make number one, clocking in at 7 minutes 11 seconds. The reason for such a long duration was supposedly Paul's idea, to go one better than Richard Harris' version of Macarthur Park which had a duration of just over seven minutes.

Like Hey Jude, the Beatles' last number one hit single was released on their own Apple label. Its b-side (superior to the a-side in my opinion) was written by George Harrison.

Anyone else?
_______
तो मैं एक छोटे से हिंदी बोल सकता है
  Reply With Quote
02-08-2005, 15:08   #14
Hopman
Registered User
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Total Posts: 1,433
Bob Holness didn't sound big on the radio. When I saw him on TV he was about a foot tall. And his name doesn't end with a Y.
  Reply With Quote
02-08-2005, 15:21   #15
Ousetunes
Eboracum Glory!
Ousetunes's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Ogleforth
Total Posts: 9,700
As I will be signing off soon, for anyone interested, the answer to 'What was the Beatles' last UK Number One hit single' (Guinness Book of Hit Singles) is:-

The Ballad of John and Yoko. It was c/w Old Brown Shoe, a mighty record. Incidentally, only Paul (bass, drums, piano and backing vocal) and John (acoustic and electric guitars, percussion and lead vocal) performed on the song.
_______
तो मैं एक छोटे से हिंदी बोल सकता है
  Reply With Quote
02-08-2005, 15:30   #16
floyd77
'Real Northerner'
floyd77's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Oughtibridge
Total Posts: 2,134
Quote:
Originally posted by Hopman
Bob Holness didn't sound big on the radio. When I saw him on TV he was about a foot tall. And his name doesn't end with a Y.
And there was me thinking my foolishness went un-noticed!
_______
kerrsolutions.co.uk Web and Small Business Solutions.
Free Website Review Free Hosting & Domain Names Websites from 99
  Reply With Quote
07-08-2005, 22:58   #17
Longcol
Registered User
Longcol's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Wherever people say I am that's where I'm not.
Total Posts: 13,319
Hi Bruce

Number 13 - the Beatles question - that was your trade mark when you ran the quiz in the Closed Shop.

Happy days.

Col
_______
Helping people escape from Rovvrum since 1991.
  Reply With Quote
07-08-2005, 23:32   #18
Craigy
Registered User
Craigy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Walkley
Total Posts: 390
Send a message via MSN to Craigy Send a message via Skype™ to Craigy
Quote:
Originally posted by chickmonk

Question...
Can you name all of the Thundercats?

And for a special bonus, all the baddies?
Snarf-the cute cowarldy cat thing
Liono-the cool red haired 1
Tygra-Tiger looking guy
Cheetara-that hot leggy gal
Panthro-The ugly blue 1
WilyKit-lil twin cat
WilyKat-other twin

i think thats all of them, i can only remember the intro tho.. dunno the bad guys names.
  Reply With Quote
03-09-2005, 15:09   #19
Hopman
Registered User
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Total Posts: 1,433
Here's a tricky question;

What was May Hardman the first person to do in December 1960.

Where did the occurrence take place?
  Reply With Quote
03-09-2005, 15:16   #20
Goon
Registered User
Goon's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Meersbrook
Total Posts: 1,288
Quote:
Originally posted by chickmonk
Can get four out of the five in famous five but now stuck...
Julian, Dick, Anne, George (Georgina) and Timmy the dog.

My question: Who was Spenders side kick in Spender.
  Reply With Quote
Reply To Topic

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT. The time now is 21:35.
POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED
Click "Report Post" under any post which may breach our terms of use.
©2002-2014 Sheffield Forum | Powered by vBulletin ©2014