Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Greycats- Pat Lesley

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield History & Expats

Reply To Topic

13-10-2009, 10:52   #1
mikeG

Total Posts: 2,021
Was talking on the phone last night to the guy who played piano in the Greycats way back. Apparently he's still doing gigs, one of which is Saturdays at the Shiny Chef at Lodgemoor. I last saw him on stage about 4 years ago and the band was going great guns. Well worth a look in if you live in that area. I believe Pat Lesley still sings with them. I'd go myself but I'm 80 miles away. I am at the Arena tomorrow though to see Cliff and the Shads.
13-10-2009, 12:52   #2
feargal
bitterly caustic

Total Posts: 2,498
I've known Pat Lesley since I was tiny! She's a lovely lady.
_______
"You need to learn to enjoy other people's misfortune; otherwise, you're going to have a very unhappy old age."
14-10-2009, 16:34   #3
blockhead

Total Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeG View Post
Was talking on the phone last night to the guy who played piano in the Greycats way back. Apparently he's still doing gigs, one of which is Saturdays at the Shiny Chef at Lodgemoor. I last saw him on stage about 4 years ago and the band was going great guns. Well worth a look in if you live in that area. I believe Pat Lesley still sings with them. I'd go myself but I'm 80 miles away. I am at the Arena tomorrow though to see Cliff and the Shads.
Did Dennis Loveday play guitar in the band ?.
14-10-2009, 16:38   #4
blockhead

Total Posts: 143
Quote:
Did Denis Loveday play the guitar in the band ?.
15-10-2009, 15:59   #5
mikeG

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
Did Dennis Loveday play guitar in the band ?.
Wont be in touch with the guy till around Xmas But I'll ask him then and get back to you.
21-12-2009, 16:09   #6
mikeG

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
Did Denis Loveday play the guitar in the band ?.
Just got Xmas card from Barry. He says Denis Loveday was a founder member of the Greycats and played drums till 1967.
28-12-2009, 11:04   #7
Leper

Total Posts: 203
Quote:
Just got Xmas card from Barry. He says Denis Loveday was a founder member of the Greycats and played drums till 1967.
I worked with Denis at English Steel Co Ltd many years ago, he told me about playing on the beach at Blackpool for a television company and he was well paid I understand. He used to live on Bellhouse Road when he married.
Sponsored Links
03-09-2010, 18:38   #8
Reedman

Total Posts: 8
I know it's a long time since we were there but Patt Leslie and her band are back at the Shiny Sheff on 18th Sept 2010 and it would be nice to have some support from fans who remember the good old days!
03-09-2010, 20:07   #9
bullerboY

Total Posts: 2,413
I bumped into george gill who used to play with the greycats,hes now living in Germany.
_______
There is always someone who can make things a little cheaper and a lot worse.
04-09-2010, 18:44   #10
Reedman

What is the latest on George Gills health? Does anyone have his contact details as I know Patt Leslie would like to get in touch with him.
04-09-2010, 19:00   #11
bullerboY

Hi reedman,yes I have all Georges details,hes out of hosptal after an unsuccessful op to reverse his air way,but is ok and doing well,im waiting for an update next week.Ill pm you with my phone no.
_______
02-10-2010, 14:43   #12
Reedman

Patt Leslie and her band 'The New Greycats' are back at the Shiny Sheff, Lodgemoor on 30th Oct, 27th Nov and 18th Dec 2010 so come and check it out and catch up on past times.
03-10-2010, 20:02   #13
bullerboY

update on george gill;he had a further operation which was successful and is now in rehabilitation in Bad Rappenau and hopefully will be out soon.mel
_______
13-10-2010, 14:52   #14
mumkin

Total Posts: 1,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedman View Post
Patt Leslie and her band 'The New Greycats' are back at the Shiny Sheff, Lodgemoor on 30th Oct, 27th Nov and 18th Dec 2010 so come and check it out and catch up on past times.
We'll be there
14-10-2010, 13:48   #15
mikeG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
We'll be there
I'm jealous. Stuck in North Wales. Can't get. If you get a chance, could you say Hi to Barry (keyboards) from Mick and Helen. I played rhythm guitar when he was in the Raiders.
30-04-2011, 16:32   #16
bluesbabe

Total Posts: 5
My ex used to be a drummer with The Greycats..if Pat is still with them that would be amazing!! Such a lovely lady....we had lots of fun times....
01-05-2011, 01:18   #17
skippy

Total Posts: 1,602
My old school mate who taught me my first chords played for them, Kevin Baines, is he still playing with them ?
01-05-2011, 04:16   #18
shooter

Total Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy View Post
My old school mate who taught me my first chords played for them, Kevin Baines, is he still playing with them ?
Skippy went to see them at Shiny Sheff a couple of years ago with a chum of mine David Barnes (Barnsey) who used to play keyboards with them when they started hundreds of years ago! They were great, I bought their CD and still play it.Spoke to several members of the band that night but sorry can't remember any names. Shooter
ps
Are you from grimesthorpe

Last edited by shooter; 01-05-2011 at 04:17. Reason: error
01-05-2011, 10:00   #19
bluesbabe

Total Posts: 5
I'm talking about Pat & The Greycats around mid 80s...Roger Jackson drummer ; Terry ?? lead guitar ; cannot recall the bass player's name but think from Swinton?? Could not believe Pat still belting it out...must get to see her if she at the Shiny Sheff again - I only live down the road so no excuse!!
01-05-2011, 10:57   #20
Reedman

We had a great night last night and Patt and the group are next at the Shiny Sheff on 28th May - try to make it and bring your mates!
Reply To Topic