Applied for job at DWP ..Any luck?

Applied for a job at DWP seems to be taking ages -anyone else waiting?

Had interview for admin officer end of June I think anyway it's seems to have taken that long I can't remember! Told after my interview I'd hear in 10 days and would get my test results back as well - more like a month and no test results. Received the letter a while ago to say I've been successful pending CRB and references non of my references have received anything yet have just got my CRB back. After finding other threads it seems like chances are I'm just going to be put on a waiting list. Also not happy if they will try and get my work references before being offered a job I'm not working for a massive organisation and will probably tell my boss that I'm trying to find another job! Anyone else having similar problems or know anything else. It's a lot of effort and waiting for an admin job Government or not!

:huh:

Hi

I have had the same as you, but for the EO vacancies, crb came back last week but still heard nothing. I have been offered another job which I will be accepting as I can't afford to hang around but I will await and see what they actually offer me with interest.

I am waiting for a start date too after interviewing in July , however my referees have been contacted and have replied so i hope it is moving now - i have previously worked for the DWP and it is a frustrating process however there is confusion on some of the threads here regarding waiting lists - there are 3 possible results following interview ; sucessful depending on checks , successful but on a waiting list and unsucessful - if anyone has received a ' successful ' letter without reference to a waiting list then you will not be placed on a list , it is just a question of the checks being completed then a start date and place ( a 'posting' ) being confirmed.

Are there any vacancies available in the Sheffield or Rotherham area?