Your message here

Stretched ears and unstretching ears

Home > General > General Discussions

Reply To Topic

11-08-2009, 14:53   #1
mughead

Total Posts: 256
OK

So ive had stretched ears for the last 6 years. Now im older i like my stretched ears but ive realised the damage i may have done to my ears and although i like my plugs i would like to unstretch them before its too late.

My sister unstretched hers and they look ok.. small hole.. but hers were not too big and she only had them for less than 2 yrs.

Im wondering if anyones let their stretched ears go back to normal? Mine are pretty big.. i havent bought new plugs in about 4 yrs but i think they are either 0 gauge or 00.. whatevers bigger.

If i do take them out i am going to do it very gradually and buy a size smaller plug each time (every couple of months). Will this work?

Getting surgery isnt an option for me. I would prefer too keep my plugs in.
11-08-2009, 14:58   #2
Classic Rock
Wedding DJ

Forum Helper
Total Posts: 6,855
How many people pulled their ear lobes when reading this?

Sorry, I've no idea about ear stretching.
11-08-2009, 15:02   #3
alexdenning

Total Posts: 46
i think your stuffed mate its hard to think why people do it in the first place i mean when you did it did you not think im gonna look like this when im a grandad do i really want to??
11-08-2009, 15:05   #4
xchillx42

Total Posts: 68
Reversing irreparable damage Without surgery? Nope, can't be done.
_______
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people" - Gregory House
11-08-2009, 15:10   #5
mughead

I didnt think at all... thats the problem.
I can understand why any normal person wouldnt understand this at all.
I dont regret it now but i might when i take them out and my ears look like a cats rear end.

so can a professional piercer answer this thread or someone whose had the same experience...
11-08-2009, 15:26   #6
Saracen 1000

Total Posts: 536
Have you got those wooden discs inserted like that tribe in the Amazon and have you got one in your bottom lip that is ideal to rest your pizza on...and pray tell have you got all those brass rings around your neck so that you look like a giraffe......Is it me/
11-08-2009, 15:50   #7
Crayfish

Total Posts: 4,454
There are a few forum threads discussing this. I searched 'flesh tunnels shrink' on google, several hits on the first page.

From anecdotal reports in these threads, it seems to be possible for some people, though there is no appreciable consensus on the best technique.
_______
I started doing parkour and freerunning aged 24 years. Here's what I'm doing now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhSPSmaeY-E&feature=plcp
11-08-2009, 16:02   #8
sierraman

Total Posts: 1,127
Seriously .. why would people want to stretch their ears? Have I missed something here?
12-08-2009, 13:58   #9
tavie_chain

Total Posts: 166
Send a message via MSN to tavie_chain
Quote:
Originally Posted by mughead View Post
OK

So ive had stretched ears for the last 6 years. Now im older i like my stretched ears but ive realised the damage i may have done to my ears and although i like my plugs i would like to unstretch them before its too late.

My sister unstretched hers and they look ok.. small hole.. but hers were not too big and she only had them for less than 2 yrs.

Im wondering if anyones let their stretched ears go back to normal? Mine are pretty big.. i havent bought new plugs in about 4 yrs but i think they are either 0 gauge or 00.. whatevers bigger.

If i do take them out i am going to do it very gradually and buy a size smaller plug each time (every couple of months). Will this work?

Getting surgery isnt an option for me. I would prefer too keep my plugs in.

A few years ago i had 18mm stretches in each ear which i had for around 5 years, i took them out [putting smaller plugs in so as not to horrify people with my ears] and they shrunk down no problem, just do the same as you did when you were stretching, rub with almond oil or similiar [the oil has no benefit but massaging the lobe stimulates blood flow etc]

I then stretched my ears again to 10mm [00 gauge] and shrunk them again successfully and now im in the process of stretching again!

When i say they shrunk successfully, they didnt fully heal but i ended up with about 2mm holes in each ear, so only about 1mm bigger than a regular earring stud =]

i hope that helps, message me if you want to ask me anything!
12-08-2009, 14:03   #10
bladesufc1

Total Posts: 4,117
Quote:
I didnt think at all... thats the problem.
I can understand why any normal person wouldnt understand this at all.
I dont regret it now but i might when i take them out and my ears look like a cats rear end.

so can a professional piercer answer this thread or someone whose had the same experience...
ive got to ask but HOW DO YOU STRETCH YOUR EARS. i have big ears, well not massive but i cant remember stretching them, my BIG Brother use to pull my ears, so i blame him
12-08-2009, 14:05   #11
bladesufc1

Total Posts: 4,117
HAHA there's only a web-site set up to how do i say, stretch your OWN ears

http://www.arka-shop.co.uk/acatalog/...hing-kits.html

and even on YOUTUBE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg5iPwdnIr4

WHAT EVER ROCKS YOU BOAT
12-08-2009, 14:28   #12
mughead

tavie chain- very helpful thanks.. im not too bothered about having a small hole in my ears at all. will start the process in a couple of months i think. I have good ears, no problems with scar tissue etc and i stretched mine at a good rate with no blow outs so im hoping i should be one of the lucky people that it works for. Plus when ive taken them out in the past or theyve fell out the hole closed quite quickly. I will be sad to see them go but i dont want to have them for so long that the hole wont close up what so ever!
12-08-2009, 14:35   #13
BasilRathbon

Total Posts: 15,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladesufc1 View Post
HAHA there's only a web-site set up to how do i say, stretch your OWN ears

http://www.arka-shop.co.uk/acatalog/...hing-kits.html

and even on YOUTUBE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg5iPwdnIr4

WHAT EVER ROCKS YOU BOAT
Does the same technique also work on...er...other parts of the body? It's not for me, it's for a friend.
_______
Wanna see Basil's vaguely interesting photos? Visit "Basil's Travels"

Wanna hear Basil's reasonably enjoyable music? Head for www.myspace.com/planetsoddingbliss.
12-08-2009, 18:59   #14
tavie_chain

Total Posts: 166
Send a message via MSN to tavie_chain
Quote:
tavie chain- very helpful thanks.. im not too bothered about having a small hole in my ears at all. will start the process in a couple of months i think. I have good ears, no problems with scar tissue etc and i stretched mine at a good rate with no blow outs so im hoping i should be one of the lucky people that it works for. Plus when ive taken them out in the past or theyve fell out the hole closed quite quickly. I will be sad to see them go but i dont want to have them for so long that the hole wont close up what so ever!
to be honest, I don't know if there is a set amount of time that is "too long" unless you leave them in till you're like 70 and then expect them to heal, but I'm assuming you're fairly young and if they've shrunk when plugs have fallen out before it sounds like you have pretty elastic skin anyway!

I took mine out because I worried about that, but then I've only ended up stretching them again and i SWEAR it hurts more each time I've re-stretched them lol but all the best with it!
12-08-2009, 21:18   #15
Karis
Evil Overlord

Total Posts: 6,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasilRathbon View Post
Does the same technique also work on...er...other parts of the body? It's not for me, it's for a friend.
ROFL. Funniest post (probably) ever!!!
12-08-2009, 21:30   #16
rubydazzler

Total Posts: 20,437
Provided they're not HUUGGGE, I think they can look quite good, especially on men. If you don't really want to get rid of them, keep them but just let them shrink a little, maybe? You don't really want your earlobes flapping about around your shoulders when you're 60, do you?
_______
"Queen of spin"
13-08-2009, 11:28   #17
CrystalGirl

Total Posts: 125
If theyre 00g (10mm) they should shrink pretty quickly, if you leave them out a few days see if you can pop and 8mm then to a 6mm etc etc
The elasticity in your ears should allow them to shrink as 10mm is usually easily reversable.
Mine have gone down from that size to regular earring size before and now they're back at 14mm.
also cocoa butter is really good for your ears to stop them looking funny post-plugs.
Hope it works for you :]
Reply To Topic