Can you join the AA if you breakdown?

Does anyone know if you can join the AA if you breakdown on the road. My cars 3 year breakdown cover has just expired. The car has only done 15.000 so I am reluctant to pay out for further breakdown cover.

I have been told that if you are not a member of the AA and you breakdown you can phone them up and join there and then. It seems unlikely to me. :huh:

i worked with someone who did that, not sure if it was the AA though.

i can't see why they wouldn't do that, they get a year's subscription which they wouldn't otherwise have got.

my oh was in the aa in her name only. i broke down in the car with my daughter on the motorway so i phoned oh to phone the aa which because she wasnt driving and i was they asked for a payment which she payed on her card before they would come out i think it was about £110 nearly 3 times as much as the annual subscription .so if i was you i would think about this before you have the misfortune to break down

my oh was in the aa in her name only. i broke down in the car with my daughter on the motorway so i phoned oh to phone the aa which because she wasnt driving and i was they asked for a payment which she payed on her card before they would come out i think it was about £110 nearly 3 times as much as the annual subscription .so if i was you i would think about this before you have the misfortune to break down

They will come out to non members but will require you to join and will make an additional charge for the call out.

You get offered different odds from a bookmaker after the race results have been declared.

i think it was about £110 nearly 3 times as much as the annual subscription

AA membership is more than £36 a year. On their website it says £100 before i've even put in the details of my car for a quote. £110 seems like a reasonable price to me.

If you join now you will have to wait (24hrs i think) before you can make your first call out. Friend of mine has done it in the past.

Just joined the AA this morning. Basic cover for £27, less £17 via topcashback, equals £10 for the year! :D

I noticed that there was an option to join once you've broken down, but the cost would be the full annual charge plus a £69 surcharge.

If u use quidco for any package over £76 u get £50 cashback

not bad for the top packages

Yes you can and yes it will cost a fortune. Otherwise every bugger'd do it

My lights failed at Gatwick airport one night and I phoned up to enquire. I took the decision to drive home alternating between sidelight and full beam rather than pay it.

Note: I lived a lot closer to LGW than I do now ;)

AA aren't supposed to be brilliant, I'm with greenflag with one of their higher level packages cost me no more than £85 IIRC but covers me personally, any car/any bike be it mine on someone elses.

AA membership is more than £36 a year. On their website it says £100 before i've even put in the details of my car for a quote. £110 seems like a reasonable price to me.
and how do you know what oh paid :loopy: