1) Runs the shop
2) Applies for funding (to replace the rotting wooden building next to the shop etc)
3) Liases with the Allotment Office to organize skips
4) Organizes social events (e.g. allotment soup last year)
5) Undertakes yearly surveys to assess the state of the site
6) Runs a fundraising stall at Heeley Festival
7) Has representatives on Sheffield Allotment Federation
Has representatives on Allotment Advisory (quarterly meetings with the Council)
9) Organizes clear-ups of the site.
10) Has monthly meetings that tenants can come to with any issues.
And many other things..
The Society needs committed, enthusiatic peope to help out - there are many improvements to be made but we could do with a hand to get them done.
Kevin (Meersbrook Society)
Originally Posted by joat36
What does the Meersbrook Allotment Society do? What is its function?