Just had a bogus telephone call

Just had a bogus telephone call from a heavily accented man called Roy Turner claiming to be from a company called UPI Ltd saying they made claims to get bank charges back.

Gave me website www.claimsregulation.gov.uk saying I could look the company on there to prove where he was calling from.

He had my name & address then asked which bank I was with, howmuch bank charges I had & then for my sort code.

When he started about the branch & sort code I had already looked up on the website & told him this didn't prove where he was calling from only that he had internet access, to cut a long story short when I told him if he was genuine he wouldn't ask for any details & would just send out a claim form he got snotty & when I threw data protection at him he said 'If you're so clever how come you've had bank charges' & 'it's clear you don't want to be helped' I asked to speak to a manager & he said I couldn't speak to anyone & hung up.

Just thought I'd post here in case they are targetiing Sheffield telephone numbers

PS he gave me telephone number of his company 01792 813115 but when I did 1471 the number was 00144123456789

I HAD ONE POSING FROM A FIRM I ORDER GOODS FROM SAYING THEY WERE WORKING ON THERE BEHALF i SAID THATS FINE ,IF YOU ARE THEN GIVE ME THE LAST 4 DIGETS OF MY REF NUMBER AND THEY SAID THEY COULDNT SO I SAID THEN HOLD THE LINE AND I WENT OUT SHOPPING LEAVING THEM TO LISTEN TO NICKLEBACK LOL

One of the lastest scams is they say they are calling from your bank,Im sure this scam was shown on the one show

You dont need anyone to claim your bank charges back. You just go through you old statements highlight any charges and fill in a form or write a letter. You may not get the money back yet as they are appealing unless you are in financial difficulty and can show you are.

I would never give any information over the phone like this.

You dont need anyone to claim your bank charges back. You just go through you old statements highlight any charges and fill in a form or write a letter. You may not get the money back yet as they are appealing unless you are in financial difficulty and can show you are.

I would never give any information over the phone like this.

???????????? Where does it say about claiming bank charges back

Here in the first post.

Just had a bogus telephone call from a heavily accented man called Roy Turner claiming to be from a company called UPI Ltd saying they made claims to get bank charges back.

I HAD ONE POSING FROM A FIRM I ORDER GOODS FROM SAYING THEY WERE WORKING ON THERE BEHALF i SAID THATS FINE ,IF YOU ARE THEN GIVE ME THE LAST 4 DIGETS OF MY REF NUMBER AND THEY SAID THEY COULDNT SO I SAID THEN HOLD THE LINE AND I WENT OUT SHOPPING LEAVING THEM TO LISTEN TO NICKLEBACK LOL

I agree that these scum sucking scammers deserve what's coming to them but........Nickelback?? Wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy:hihi: