Your message here

Sick Note Help

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield News & Discussions

Reply To Topic

05-02-2009, 11:10   #1
Mr Gav

Total Posts: 301
Hey guys,
I was hoping one of you would be able to help me as the benefit Delivery Centre don't seem to be answering their phone today (I'm guessing they're short-staffed with the snow).
As I'm not a Bombay Telecom customer, the 0845 numbers aren't free so can't afford to be on hold for 20mins, especially as I'm still waiting for SSP from the begining of Jan.

Anyway, I'm off work with a broken foot (my employer doesn't do sick pay, hence why I'm having to go through the benefits)
I've had my sicknote extended by a further 2 weeks, but don't know where to send it.
The benefits people sent me a return envelope when i put the claim in, which i used for the first sicknote. However, being a numpty, i forgot to make a note of the address.

Does anybody know where i should send it?
05-02-2009, 12:19   #2
DIVA

Total Posts: 3,429
Sorry can't help - it might depend on where you are, different offices, etc
05-02-2009, 12:34   #3
tiptop

Total Posts: 141
Sheffield BDC
Jobcentre Plus
Brightside Lane
Sheffield
S99 1AP

This is where i sent mine to in January, when i had an operation. Presume it will be same place now still.
05-02-2009, 12:50   #4
johnnyboi1

Total Posts: 11
Send a message via MSN to johnnyboi1
ssp should be sent to your payroll, as this is where it would be processed as it would be paid with your wages
05-02-2009, 14:05   #5
jenz245

Total Posts: 1,382
if its def ssp it will need to go to hr/payroll and then your work will claim the ssp back. Try calling your work and speak with HR.
07-02-2009, 23:15   #6
Mr Gav

Thanks, I originally sent it to my employer, but got it back a week later with a form to send to jobcentreplus as i hadn't worked enough hours or something.
Have ended up sending it to the adress mentioned above
08-02-2009, 15:35   #7
Dizzyblonde

Total Posts: 1,541
try this web site, type in the number and see if you can find a cheaper alternative
http://www.saynoto0870.com/
_______
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom too?" (Douglas Adams)
08-02-2009, 16:17   #8
jenz245

Total Posts: 1,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gav View Post
Thanks, I originally sent it to my employer, but got it back a week later with a form to send to jobcentreplus as i hadn't worked enough hours or something.
Have ended up sending it to the adress mentioned above
was it an ssp1 form if so u'll probably be expected to claim employment and support allowence (new incapacity ben) and the address is usally the one given in above post. If its ESA then you will get 60.50 a wk rather than the 75 ssp. Its usually processed really quickly though i know someone who's was processed in a few days just after xmas.

Have you actually made the initial claim for ESA (Have to phone the benefit claim line and call usually takes 45 mins) if not i wouldn't expect them to be able to process it as they need lots of info about ur marital status, kids etc and also to make sure you have paid enough NI in the past as all these can effect the benefit.

Last edited by jenz245; 08-02-2009 at 16:22. Reason: more info
08-02-2009, 17:09   #9
andyofborg

Total Posts: 7,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboi1 View Post
ssp should be sent to your payroll, as this is where it would be processed as it would be paid with your wages
not necessarily

as far as I'm aware, employers have three choices in regard to sick pay

1) pay bare SSP for a period which should be specified in your contract or in your employers procedures/handbook

2) pay something in excess of SSP for a period and again this should be specified in your contract or procedures/handbook

3) pay nothing, however, in that case they should provide you with a form to enable you to claim the necessary benefits from the DWP.

If your employer does 1 or 2 for a period then at the end of the period of your still sick then they should send you a form to enable you to claim from the DWP.

If you are being paid benefits by the DWP then I imagine you should be sending your sick note to the DWP.
08-02-2009, 20:45   #10
Mr Gav

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenz245 View Post
was it an ssp1 form if so u'll probably be expected to claim employment and support allowence (new incapacity ben) and the address is usally the one given in above post. If its ESA then you will get 60.50 a wk rather than the 75 ssp. Its usually processed really quickly though i know someone who's was processed in a few days just after xmas.

Have you actually made the initial claim for ESA (Have to phone the benefit claim line and call usually takes 45 mins) if not i wouldn't expect them to be able to process it as they need lots of info about ur marital status, kids etc and also to make sure you have paid enough NI in the past as all these can effect the benefit.
Yes, i believe it was a ssp1 form.
I made the initial claim for ESA complete with phone interview, then checked the paperwork when it arrived a few days later. (just aswell really as the person doing my phone interview had put the wrong info for half the questions)
Managed to get through to ESA on Fri where they claimed they had only just received my forms. (i sent them recorded delivery about 3+ weeks ago)
Chances are i'll be back at work before i get my ESA through.

Thanks for all your help peeps
30-01-2011, 17:37   #11
grower

Total Posts: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptop View Post
Sheffield BDC
Jobcentre Plus
Brightside Lane
Sheffield
S99 1AP

This is where i sent mine to in January, when i had an operation. Presume it will be same place now still.
dont suppose anyone know the phone number for this place
thanks
31-01-2011, 10:23   #12
DumDom

Total Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by grower View Post
dont suppose anyone know the phone number for this place
thanks
this is just an office within the Royal Mail building, that processes all DWP mail. It then gets delivered to the various DWP office's, so no phone number soz.
31-01-2011, 18:19   #13
kal el

Total Posts: 377
your doctor should have given you a sick note post this to your dole office and keep doing this untill you are allowed to go back to work.u may have to claim housing/council tax bennifit as the ssp is only half of your wages.when you go back to work tell the bennafits office and the housing that u are back at work you might have to pay back an over payment.i know this becouse i had to do it when i was off work with a broken hip for 6 months hope this helps
31-01-2011, 18:24   #14
laineyiow

Total Posts: 2,736
And yet another TWO YEAR OLD thread re-opened causing confusion yet again!!!
_______
Jive for today; tomorrow and the next day as well!
31-01-2011, 18:32   #15
madasfish

Total Posts: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by laineyiow View Post
And yet another TWO YEAR OLD thread re-opened causing confusion yet again!!!
this seems to be your pet hate laineyiow - but glad it is because I am actually after your advice as someone who lives on the iow as the "best " resort to stay at in August which is "relatively" kid free....I had seen that someone posted on here from iow but could not remember who....and then you "popped op" .

can you help?
31-01-2011, 18:46   #16
laineyiow

Total Posts: 2,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by madasfish View Post
this seems to be your pet hate laineyiow - but glad it is because I am actually after your advice as someone who lives on the iow as the "best " resort to stay at in August which is "relatively" kid free....I had seen that someone posted on here from iow but could not remember who....and then you "popped op" .

can you help?

Have PM'd you.
_______
Jive for today; tomorrow and the next day as well!
31-01-2011, 18:56   #17
madasfish

Total Posts: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by laineyiow View Post
Have PM'd you.
thank you - have pm'd back..
Reply To Topic