Richard moulden 1880 heeley

We are looking for Richard Moulden 1880 married Annie Evans 1905 one son Eddie 1906. Then he disappears. Anyone out there know anything !:cool:

I've looked on the 1911 census and there are no MOULDEN entries with those names.

Could they have emigrated?

Now a mystery 5 Pearson Place Meersbrooke 1911 / 1927 Frank Evans Silver smith.

1934 Mrs ANNIE MOULDEN. she was a Evans before marriage? could the Mouldens lived as lodgers.

Now a mystery 5 Pearson Place Meersbrooke 1911 / 1927 Frank Evans Silver smith.

1934 Mrs ANNIE MOULDEN. she was a Evans before marriage? could the Mouldens lived as lodgers.

Still living there in 1965 gone by 1970.

Still living there in 1965 gone by 1970.

Thanks Hutch ! Annie was our aunty and she lived with Grandad and Grandma Evans for a time. She and Richard had Eddie. We cannot find a trace of Richard after the 1901. Where did you find your info ? There seems to be a black cloud over him and no one ever wanted to say what happended. We thought he went to war or prison or something.:cool:

Thanks Hutch ! Annie was our aunty and she lived with Grandad and Grandma Evans for a time. She and Richard had Eddie. We cannot find a trace of Richard after the 1901. Where did you find your info ? There seems to be a black cloud over him and no one ever wanted to say what happended. We thought he went to war or prison or something.:cool:

I have a lot of Sheffield directories [KELLYS] no Richard or eddie is right up to 1972.

Wow! So is aunty annie at pearson place with frank and elizabeth evans right up to 72 but no chilod with her ? That might be the source of the 'silence' over richard moulden. He was born in bolton so maybe he took the child there ?

Wow! So is aunty annie at pearson place with frank and elizabeth evans right up to 72 but no chilod with her ? That might be the source of the 'silence' over richard moulden. He was born in bolton so maybe he took the child there ?

All a little strange the directorie only shows the main householder no others will be listed, you will need to look in the library electoral rolls for that but why did it show in the 1930's that Annie was the householder? was Frank and wife dead.:confused:

FRANK DIED 1928 AND ELIZABETH 1903. So Aunty Annie took over the house.

Now a mystery 5 Pearson Place Meersbrooke 1911 / 1927 Frank Evans Silver smith

I am not sure if that is the 1911 Directory or whether you found Annie and Eddie (Edmund?) in the census?! These are the names in the household in the census:

5 Pearson Place (Ecclesall Bierlow)

EVANS Frank 49

EVANS Lily 17

EVANS George 15

EVANS Albert 12

MOULDEN Annie 25

MOULDEN Eddie 4

(index only)

Hugh

Hugh, Thank you very much we couldn't find this bit. I am going to the library to search the voters lists after the snow ! We are confused and bitten with the bug that makes you think the worst when the simple answer may be the right one. ps Lily is my grandma.

Richard Moulden was born in Bolton, Lancashire in 1880. In the 1901 Census he was identified as being 21, living in Bolton and working as a Straw mattress maker.

I'm pretty sure that it is the same Richard Moulden who is listed as a passenger arriving in Boston, Mass. on 1 May 1903, as he was 23 and reported as having been born in Bolton. I have not so far been able to find reference to him in the 1910 USA Census, so he may have returned to England before then, or died, or changed his name ...?