Sheffield Forum

Ear Piercing in or around Crystal Peaks?

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield News & Discussions

Reply To Topic

07-01-2009, 14:11   #1
mrs m

Total Posts: 294
Hi,

I'm wanting to have my ears pierced for a 2nd time this weekend. Anyone know anywhere in or around Crystal Peaks way please?

Thanks, Leanne
07-01-2009, 14:12   #2
mary70

Total Posts: 2,177
claires in peaks and i think the hairdressers in the market do it too
_______
i love my kids more than life itself
07-01-2009, 14:19   #3
Lozzypop

Total Posts: 49
Send a message via MSN to Lozzypop
I've had my ears pierced twice.

The first i had done at F Hinds, the jewellers, think that was at meadowhall though. Had my second ones done at claires, but found one hole is a little higher than the other :S think the girl was a trainee.

Claires do give you some lotion to clean your ears with if i remember correctly.
07-01-2009, 14:24   #4
jennycakes

Total Posts: 2,166
i found claires over priced and carried out by trainees.
i took my daughter it cost me 28 and once id paid the manager asked for a word with me,
i was busy with my other child and hadnt noticed the trainee had pierced my daughters ears,one slightly higher than the other and different coloured studs!!!

the manager offered me a 10% discount card off futher items!!!
i refused.

ring a few hairdressers and beauty places,im sure you will get a better job done,good luck
07-01-2009, 14:27   #5
melv

Total Posts: 738
Saw this on the front of a shop on Heeley bottom;

Ears Pierced While You Wait
07-01-2009, 14:28   #6
mrs m

Total Posts: 294
Thanks, just looked on Claires website - totally forgot there was one in Peaks - but they seem really overpriced for what they do! Plus, heard some bad reports about piercings at Claires.

I have had them pierced a 2nd time once before, but they healed up a long time ago. Anyone know what the hairdressers are called in The Market Place that does piercing?

Thanks, Leanne
07-01-2009, 14:32   #7
shane39
Account Closed

Total Posts: 3,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs m View Post
Hi,

I'm wanting to have my ears pierced for a 2nd time this weekend. Anyone know anywhere in or around Crystal Peaks way please?

Thanks, Leanne
When living up Foxill,(back in the late 70s n 80s)My mum was well-known for piercing all the local teenagers ears.Two ice-cubes,sterilised needle and a quick stab with a steady hand.No charge,no complaints and no Health n Safety weirdos.
Now my mum has resided 2mins from Peaks for the last 20 or so years,but her eye's aint what they used to be,so she's out of the question.
Have you tried Peaks market??
07-01-2009, 14:35   #8
jennycakes

Total Posts: 2,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by melv View Post
Saw this on the front of a shop on Heeley bottom;

Ears Pierced While You Wait
oh thats handy,saves you going back for em lol
07-01-2009, 14:38   #9
voodoo dolly

Total Posts: 139
I had mine done last year at f hinds in crystal peaks. If your willing you can sometimes get them done free like i did because the girl was training and i didn't mind being a guinea pig for her. She did a good job and i got very nice studs and some lotion to clean them with for free. Its worth going in and asking i've had no problems.
07-01-2009, 16:29   #10
kel83

Total Posts: 383
Don't have them done at anywhere that pierces with a gun (eg, most jewellers etc). Pushing the earrings themselves through the ear will cause the tissue around the hole to scar. If you go to a proper piercing place (I think there's a Blue Banana now in town?), they'll use a needle which has a sharp end, and that will give a cleaner hole which will heal better. They also autoclave their needles, which means they heat them up really really hot, so they are actually sterile. You then have less chance of infection, and can go straight to wearing a hoop, which IMHO is better for healing than a stud.

I had all of my ear piercings done with a gun, and I wish that I hadn't as they close up periodically (especially the second and third ones, where smaller earrings are worn) and I have re-pierce them myself. If I get another one I'm going to go for the needle.
07-01-2009, 18:56   #11
Davekowl

Total Posts: 180
My 8 year old grandson told me he was going to have his ears pierced and knowing how he hates any sort of pain, I told him if he had his done then so would I. Lo and behold he went and did it and now he's pestering me to have mine done.I wouldn't mind but I'm 62 and would feel a right prat.Shall I go through with it or just kill myself ?
07-01-2009, 20:13   #12
rockxchick

Total Posts: 3
Funky Divas in the market place. I get my hair and nails done there too. Very reasonable prices and friendly, professional staff.
07-01-2009, 20:24   #13
racheliggle7

Total Posts: 65
my daughter had hers pierced at claires and i did think it was a bit expensive. she also had 1 done higher than the other!
_______
From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch
07-01-2009, 21:36   #14
sarahj22

Total Posts: 174
My daughter had hers done at claires it did cost 22.50 but they did an excellent job. Don't be tempted to go to some cheap place not that they are all bad am sure some are excellent but after the experience I had with my other daughter you could get a nasty surprise. Her earrings were worse than one a bit higher than the other the guy actually pierced one at the very edge of her ear in the totally wrong place then had the cheek to say she moved when he did them both at the same time.
07-01-2009, 22:32   #15
JayneRay

Total Posts: 1,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davekowl View Post
My 8 year old grandson told me he was going to have his ears pierced and knowing how he hates any sort of pain, I told him if he had his done then so would I. Lo and behold he went and did it and now he's pestering me to have mine done.I wouldn't mind but I'm 62 and would feel a right prat.Shall I go through with it or just kill myself ?
Upload a piccy when you have them done
_______
RAY OF HOPE is a charity for families with children with special needs.
New members are always welcome. Tel 0796 - 1776794.

Please check the RAY OF HOPE WEBSITE for further details.
Soft toys wanted for charity! Thank you.
08-01-2009, 01:46   #16
Amyrach

Total Posts: 2,305
just go to dragon tattoos on intake
08-01-2009, 03:11   #17
sherir

Total Posts: 6
claires in peaks and i think the hairdressers in the market do it
08-01-2009, 09:18   #18
Frenchie

Total Posts: 395
The Inkmaster, Sheffield Road, Killamarsh (main road through Killamarsh) do piercings and are excellent - ask for Tracy.

Last edited by Frenchie; 08-01-2009 at 21:30.
08-01-2009, 13:21   #19
The_Legend

Total Posts: 276
I think they do it in the Sainsburys car park every other thursday
08-01-2009, 13:31   #20
blossom2

Total Posts: 806
H Samuel are good aswell not too over priced, i had mine done a few years ago for the 5th time lol, never had any probs always healed really quick.
Reply To Topic