How Safe Is Rother Valley Country Park

Not being originally from Sheffield, just wondered how safe you would consider Rother Valley Country Park?

I have started going there with my new doggie, sometimes on my own, sometimes with my toddler - people are usually friendsly but it's sometimes a bit quiet when I have been there.

Would you have any concerns about walking there on your own?

I often go running round there, never had any problems, supose its as safe as anywhere.

I have seen a cctv camera on a pole so would imagine there are more around the park, seems like it is monitored.

There are cctv cameras around the park also, the rangers drive around quite alot too.

I've been plenty of times for a walk by myself and never felt it to be unsafe. Some areas of the park can be much quieter than others, but even then I've felt perfectly safe.

I've never had any problems there - always felt safe.

It's fine. I've been down there for a walk many a time on my own or with my mate's kids.

I often go running round there, never had any problems, supose its as safe as anywhere.

why were you running if it's safe ?.

I go there loads and never seen any trouble. I also work near there and know a lot of locals and never heard a bad story about it.

Thanx for all your replies - it's good to have the reassurance!

Just keep your dog away from the water's edge.

The alligators (thought to have been dumped by pet owners after they grew too large) have been known to help themselves, on occasions.

I've been running, cycling and walking around there - and there are plenty more rural walks that sort of sprout off Rother Valley Country Park too. On the opposite side to where the cafe's and all that are - there's an entrance from the main road which also leads to "the black track" - a path that runs from Rother Valley, through Renishaw and joins onto (when it's actually completed) the canal path that goes to Chesterfield.

Mick x