Do muslims celebrate Christmas?

i know its another muslim thread but hey ho.

islam honours jesus as a prophhet second only to big mo so do they celebrate his birth like christians do?

No.

We celebrate Jesus, peace be upon him, the man, not his birthday. At the risk of not trying to offend our Christian friends we dont actually beleive he was born on 25th December hence why we dont celebrate it.

A lot of my Muslim friends have come to my house to celebrate Christmas with me & my family.

thanks. i cant see how that would offend anyone. out of interest when do you think he was born?

Is Christmas eve/day really the Bith of Jesus?

We dont celebrate non of the prophets birthdays or maybe some muslims do not sure!

A lot of my Muslim friends have come to my house to celebrate Christmas with me & my family.

i had a jewish mate in school who didnt celebrate christmas but they had a family meal and gave each other presents..

i think its lost its religous meaning nowdays but i like it as a time to treat the ones you love.

When my Muslims come over for Christmas at ours...I dont think they actually celebrate Christmas as in Christmas but we exchange gifts & many have eaten with us as well :) I think it is lovely....

I don't think many Christians really think he was born on 25th December either! Christianity was superimposed over the religion that was here at the time which was Pagan.

25th December is the day of the god Jul ... part of the month of December was called Yule, and the Yule log was burned, greenery such as holly and ivy and mistletoe was brought into the house and there was a lot of feasting went on! Yhe 12 days of Christmas is adapted from that period, too.

The early missionaries decided it'd be easier just to adapt the existing framework to their purpose. But you really need someone like Litha to explain it all.

I think some Muslims do enjoy a form of Xmas celebration but without the religions overtones that Christians have, more like the rest of us, just having a relaxing time with the family and enjoying the fun?

thanks. i cant see how that would offend anyone. out of interest when do you think he was born?

you should start another thread ' when do muslims think Jesus (pbuh) was born' :rolleyes:

you should start another thread ' when do muslims think jesus was born' :rolleyes:

if you look most of the threads on islam i have started have been about enquiring about certain aspects. am i not allowed to find out?