Embassy World Snooker Champion - Shaun Murphy!

Shaun Murphy Rules! What a guy! Well Done!!!!

What a brilliant final, both players did supremly well but Murphy was on another level. A succesor to Ronnie O'Sullivan is born I think. :thumbsup::clap:

What did they mean by - the end of an era??? is this the end of the road for snooker in Sheffield?:confused:

I thought it had been saved - at least till next year.

p.s. - Well done Shauny!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The snooker is staying in Sheffield for the next 5 years. However, Embassy cannot sponsor it anymore due to tobacco advertising laws so there will be a new sponsor next year. One of the bookies or a bank are the likely candidates to take it over.

Congrats to young 22 year old Rotherham lad Shaun Murphy for beating Matt Stevens in the World Embassy Snooker Championships.

A well deserved win, the lad played his heart out. you wouldnt have thought he was a newbie by the way he played.

well done :clap: :clap: :clap:

Many Congratulations!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Dya think he will ever read this though.....:confused:

Guest nslack

No, but here's hoping that the forum is as popular as we would like it to be.

Well done to the lad, kept flipping back and forth and then got hooked on the last few frames, brilliant game of snooker :clap:

I was there!!!! and i shook Shauns hand!!, tense final but brilliant and saw all the old world champs as well!! GREAT NIGHT!! even tough it was bloody hot in there!

Originally posted by npatchett

What a brilliant final, both players did supremly well but Murphy was on another level. A succesor to Ronnie O'Sullivan is born I think. :thumbsup::clap:

I wouldn't go as far as that but Shaun did extremely well. I take my hat off to the lad.......Well done Shaun! :clap: :clap: :clap:

He did well the lad :) He is every bit good as Ronnie, if not more consistent. To come in to the Crucible for the first time, and take home 1st prize is something big in the snooker world.

Imagine winning the final and getting a 147 - a grand...no a GRAND payout of £411,000 - he could buy most of Rotherham with that :) Mind you, he could buy most of it with the £250k he is taking home! ;) j/k

For his first time there he showed nerves of steel - and it was a nice touch when they said that as a kid he has chased Steve Davies down the road for his autograph, then Davies piped up and said he was going to go and ask for his autograph.

Great World Championships that is why Sheffield deserves to keep it because there is no where else in the country that could provide such an atmosphere.Murphy has been fantastic all the way through & deserves to be World Champion not like that whinging southerner O'Sullivan such a great talent like the Gazza's ,Best etc & what do they do waste it.Well we have a Yorkshire Champ first time since Joe Johnson,Well Done Shaun Murphy.