Sheffield Forum

My car's fuel pipes cut

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield News & Discussions

Reply To Topic

21-08-2008, 22:40   #1
sheff man

Total Posts: 68
Some [blank] has just cut my car's fuel pipes.

They haven't even got any of my petrol, its just been left to run out.

Fox Hill area, anyone else had this problem?

Last edited by BoroughGal; 22-08-2008 at 05:23. Reason: Swearing removed.
21-08-2008, 22:44   #2
Dave650

Total Posts: 8,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheff man View Post

Unfortunately this is going to get more and more common. I've only ever had it done on work vans.
There's not a lot you can do unless you can fabricate and implement somesort of alarm that will set off if a sudden drop in petrol level occurs.
_______

Last edited by BoroughGal; 22-08-2008 at 05:24. Reason: Swearning (and faux swearing) removed from quote and post
22-08-2008, 05:11   #3
Tavit

Total Posts: 241
I had same problem twice with an Astra, the pipes were made of thin plastic and once you knew where to cut it was so easy to get to, poor design, I replaced em with metal pipes, no problem from then on. But they just fill up what ever containers they have and let the rest run down the road

Last edited by Tavit; 22-08-2008 at 05:15.
22-08-2008, 08:21   #4
salmonbones

Total Posts: 1,193
Send a message via MSN to salmonbones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
Unfortunately this is going to get more and more common. I've only ever had it done on work vans.
There's not a lot you can do unless you can fabricate and implement somesort of alarm that will set off if a sudden drop in petrol level occurs.
Hmmm, that gives me an idea for a new product!
22-08-2008, 09:02   #5
satman2222

Total Posts: 2,702
Which road was this on?
_______
Big Brother is watching you!
Worldaid Foundation

Only know you love her when you let her go......
22-08-2008, 09:28   #6
Dave650

Total Posts: 8,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmonbones View Post
It's feasable and I've thought about doing it, but at the moment it's just not worth it.
_______
22-08-2008, 11:44   #7
Digsy

Total Posts: 3,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheff man View Post

I think you might find they filled up their can and didn't stick around to stop the rest dripping out.
Expect a whole lot more of this happening, it's easier than ripping off the petrol stations.

You cut the pipe, fill your canister and off you go.

You want to know what the next step will be, a tap, I predict they will find some sort of tap, like the water and gas main taps that you can just clip onto a pipe, and fill your canister at will, the car owner being none the wiser.
Sponsored Links
22-08-2008, 14:01   #8
poppypoppy

Total Posts: 812
we used to live at Halfway yrs ago and we had our fuel pipes cut but didnt realise until we got to the bottom of a hill!!!! then wen we had to push the car across the road hubby looked underneath and said a few choice words...so cuttin fuel pipes has been goin on for a long time....petrol werent as expensive then either....wish we cud have caught them..wud have cut their hands off.....
22-08-2008, 14:28   #9
Squiggs

Total Posts: 6,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digsy View Post
.....I predict they will find some sort of tap, like the water and gas main taps that you can just clip onto a pipe, and fill your canister at will, the car owner being none the wiser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmonbones View Post
Likewise!

On a serious note, certain cars are more prone (not going to say which, no point giving the little chavs a "how-to" guide).

But it's been going on years, and the reason most of the petrol is left to run onto the road is that a lot of the time it is kids/youths nicking a litre or two to fill up their motorbikes/mini-bikes etc. Not only because of the cost but that they aren't old enough to fill up at a petrol station.
_______
If your dog is seized do not sign anything without reading and understanding it, if you sign your dog over to the authorities, they can destroy your dog.
You do not have to sign your dog over no matter what you may be told. If your dog has been seized, contact DDA Watch: ddawatch@gmail.com or 0844 844 0802

Last edited by Squiggs; 22-08-2008 at 14:30.
23-08-2008, 10:11   #10
poppypoppy

Total Posts: 812
not long after we had the petrol pipes cut..they came back for the ruddy car and took it!!! never found it...police said it wud prob have been abroad!!! some nice folk around...
23-08-2008, 10:27   #11
looby lou

Total Posts: 537
thats terrible, I cant believe the lengths some people will go to
_______
Follow our blog and keep up to date with our wedding news, tips and inspirations here or visit the website
23-08-2008, 10:54   #12
scarby
McLOVIN

Total Posts: 4,105
Send a message via MSN to scarby Send a message via Yahoo to scarby Send a message via Skype™ to scarby
Why can't car manufacturers route the fuel pipe where it can't be cut? Inside the body work for example.
_______
Lower than a smack-heads morals
KAPAP Sheffield: Street Defence - BJJ - MMA - Kickboxing.
Train Smart - Fight Dirty!
Faecebook
23-08-2008, 11:20   #13
Bondy 007

Total Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digsy View Post
I think you might find they filled up their can and didn't stick around to stop the rest dripping out.
Expect a whole lot more of this happening, it's easier than ripping off the petrol stations.

You cut the pipe, fill your canister and off you go.

You want to know what the next step will be, a tap, I predict they will find some sort of tap, like the water and gas main taps that you can just clip onto a pipe, and fill your canister at will, the car owner being none the wiser.
That design actually exists now for any dimension of piping.
23-08-2008, 16:35   #14
spritulist

Total Posts: 1,924
that s strange i was asked yesturday if i could get a car going as i just stopped..no fuel? looking under the car i thought he had hit a speed bump???or the road side as all the pipes was ragged down....the petrol pipe had so bad a kink in it,fuel was being restricted,but this was done out side the mot testing station ???? and the mot testing people did not see any thing ?????
23-08-2008, 16:37   #15
spritulist

Total Posts: 1,924
to add on bamford street....and hamerton road police station.....tells you some thing
23-08-2008, 16:41   #16
Hook

Total Posts: 2,946
It would be useful to know which cars are at risk, as if my car was I'd like to try and do something about it...
_______
Cheapest Calls & Texts in the UK, with 5 free credit with giffgaff (8p per minute call, 4p text messages + unlimited data/texts on 10+ goody bags)
Reply To Topic