Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Hire or pay weekly for a mobility scooter

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield Interest Groups > Disability & Carers Group

Reply To Topic

08-08-2008, 21:29   #1
vickylisa

Total Posts: 720
where can i either hire a scooter or pay weekly for one i want to buy one for my mother in law but i wont be able to pay for it all at once thanks
08-08-2008, 21:32   #2
Plain Talker
Happy Hijaabi

Forum Helper
Total Posts: 41,129
Shopmobility Sheffield do weekly/ monthly hires of scooters (25 a week, currently) if you wish to try one out without committing yourself to buying one?
_______
Muslim Women should not wear veils, says page 1 of The Sun...
For further information about The Sun's opinion of women, turn to page 3

There are 1.7 billion Muslims. Don't you think that if Islam really promoted terrorism, we would all be dead?
08-08-2008, 22:58   #3
jibbs1977

Total Posts: 2,437
Send a message via MSN to jibbs1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickylisa View Post
where can i either hire a scooter or pay weekly for one i want to buy one for my mother in law but i wont be able to pay for it all at once thanks
If you want to buy one ring a guy called steve from Fairprice mobility based in Hilssborough I have had 2 off him so far and he is amazing and will actually listen to what you need and give you the scooter you require rather than trying to get you to spend stupid amounts of money. He also comes out asap when your scooter breaks down and will treat you more like a friend than a customer his wife has MS so he really does know his stuff, his number is 0114 2726619 and will even bring you scooters to try from your home just tell him Daz recommended him and this is his website http://www.fairprice-mobility-scooters.co.uk/.
09-08-2008, 18:12   #4
Plain Talker
Happy Hijaabi

Forum Helper
Total Posts: 41,129
I and a mate bought chairs from Fairprice, and I'm afraid we both had a very bad experience from them. Could not even get repairs done under warranty. Would not recommend them at all.
_______
Muslim Women should not wear veils, says page 1 of The Sun...
For further information about The Sun's opinion of women, turn to page 3

There are 1.7 billion Muslims. Don't you think that if Islam really promoted terrorism, we would all be dead?
09-08-2008, 18:21   #5
jibbs1977

Total Posts: 2,437
Send a message via MSN to jibbs1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Talker View Post
I and a mate bought chairs from Fairprice, and I'm afraid we both had a very bad experience from them. Could not even get repairs done under warranty. Would not recommend them at all.
You must be a one off then as Ive been with fairprice for past 5yrs and had not one problem and always had no problems with spares or anything and came round almost straight away when needed. Maybe you were just unlucky plain talker I have friends now who also use them and also has never had a problem.
Reply To Topic