The Old Original Bakewell Pudding Shop's secret recipe

By a circuitous means which I am not at liberty to reveal I have obtained the Original Bakewell Pudding Shop's original recipe. This recipe dates back a few years and I suspect the ones sold nowadays aren't such high quality. Oh...and don't eat these as part of a calorie controlled diet. :hihi:

3 large eggs

8oz caster sugar

8oz butter

4oz ground almonds

Puff pastry

Raspberry Jam

Preheat the oven to gas mark 6.

Line two deep 8" tins with puff pastry and spread the bottoms with raspberry jam.

Beat the eggs till pale and runny, but not too frothy.

Melt the butter and let it cool a bit, then add it to the egg mixture. Stir in the almonds and sugar. Then pour into the pastry cases.

Bake for 10 minutes, then turn down the heat to gas mark 3 and bake for a further 20 minutes.

Let them cool down, eat one, freeze the other. They freeze very well.

Make one for me, Alistair and I'll quality control it for you. I've already sampled one made by Tarquin from a secret receipt from someone else and very yummy it was too :D

I'm willing to make the calorie sacrifice for you too ...

I'm willing to make the calorie sacrifice for you too ...

I bet you would, but SF health and safety rules prevent me from feeding any other member these Bakewell Puds :D

I bet you would, but SF health and safety rules prevent me from feeding any other member these Bakewell Puds :D

I will sign a waiver .... :P

edit: secret reciper from Aries22

You'll have to pay me as well :D

Hmmmm.

I reckon you've given the recipe for a Bakewell Pie.

The traditional Pudding does NOT have puff pastry, but shortcrust.

Correct me if I'm wrong....but Bakewell Pudding does NOT have ground almonds in it.....the tart does, but the pudding is just almond flavour...no almonds

Correct me if I'm wrong....but Bakewell Pudding does NOT have ground almonds in it.....the tart does, but the pudding is just almond flavour...no almonds

Try the recipe and see :)

Line two deep 8" tins with puff pastry and spread the bottoms with raspberry jam.

How high up the tins would you line them?

I went on this Bakewell Pudding Course earlier this year. Thoroughly enjoyable experience and I got to take home a couple of my own Bakewell Puds. I have to say it did demystify some of the aspects of making the pastry in particular. Marion the tutor from Bloomers in Bakewell was excellent but funnily enough wasn't forthcoming in the 'secret' ingredient!