Tellytubby place A61 Tankersley. What is it?

Went past this place again today and i cant help but wonder what it is?

There is a weighbridge outside and those big green tubes coming up from the ground with a big white building in the middle. I guess it must be venting for something, but it just looks like the tellytubby land.

Does anyone know??

The weigh bridge isn't part of the complex, its for the vehicle inspectorate to catch naughty lorry drivers.

The complex behind is something to do with HSBC bank I think, and there is a thread on this place somewhere.........

Its a secure computer records place, I think its HSBC. Very secret,very secure. The weighbridge has nothing to do with that place, its what the police and the ministry use for spot checks on lorries. Stray onto the HSBC site and security guards appear out of nowhere.

I did do a search and it was mentioned in the tunnels under Sheffield thread but still noone seemed to know for sure what it was.

Yep its definately a HSBC computer facility. A mate of mine did work experience for HSBC and found out all about it.

Its also where they burn money for the royal mint...hence the tight security.. another one of my dads tales..apparently during his service with the fire brigade he went in a few times. all that lovley cash up in smoke.. giz a job :heyhey:

They are to suck air down to keep all the computer rooms cool.

Tellytubby place.............geez, I must be Lala then!!!

it is hsbc compute place where all the computer are from where all the details are from the cash machines

my hubby works for them

joanne

It is HSBC. I work there. No money is taken there to burn!!

Originally posted by Eclaire

It is HSBC. I work there. No money is taken there to burn!!

So what happens to the money that is taken there? Do you get to keep it? How does anyone else get a job there Eclaire?

There is no money there. It is all computers. The only money is in the on-site cash machine and the canteen tills.

My childhood dreams are shatterd. :) maybee it was a tale to delight a young child on a boring car journey ...I will ask him tomorrow.. mind you it will allways be the money burning factory to me !