Sign in to follow this  

Best Car to Buy Between 9.5 to 15K?

I am trawling through web showrooms today looking for a new car. I have up to 15K budget (but would prefer to spend a little bit less)

Then I thought of asking the forum for any recommendations.

What sort of car should I buy???

if you're after a good family car then a mondeo is the way to go :thumbsup:

you can get new and used ones in that price bracket :)

You need to be more specific about your needs. There are many variations within the price brackets you mention.

Although i don't have one myself, I would recommend something like the Toyota Corolla as a good, reliable all-rounder - you can't go far wrong with this.

Sorry, I've got a partner but no kids. I mainly drive in town but like tearing down the M1 when the opportunity arises.

Image is important but not everything.

I've test driven a Corrolla recently and thought it was great. But maybe I am being picky by thinking they are very common?

Mondeo?

You want to get a BMW Coupe 2.5 something like that - you will be able to pick up a really decent one under 15k and its a nice mans car which will get you a few looks and the ladies will lurvvve it!

The only problem is once you have a bmw you wont go back to anything else - its true they have something about them!

my best friend has a new silver toyota and it really suites her - i think they are girls sports cars x x

Think about the Citroen C2 GT. It's a beautiful car, and it's a little nippy too. :)

well a suzuki hayabusa is just what you need for tearing down the M1 :) and then you will still have some money left over for a micra to use round town

Originally posted by xamanix

You want to get a BMW Coupe 2.5 something like that

Perhaps, if you're a haridresser or interior designer, if you know what I mean.

Perhaps, if you're a haridresser or interior designer, if you know what I mean.

nope what do you mean?

Originally posted by f_g

nope what do you mean?

he means he is jealous because he can't afford one :D

anyway, in that sort of bracket, you could get a nice bmw, or if you want someting less sporty more for cruising then you might consider a Mercedes C-Class

I want a 2.2 Zafira.

It'd be funny :D

We can currently load a heap of stuff into our 1.8 with the seats in 'van' arrangement and go somewhere for the weekend. When we get there, we can get 7 of us in it to get to the pub because the seats all fold up instead of having to come out.

It's far more comfortable to sit in for long periods of time, which is useful when travelling to Scotland or Cambridge.

I like it for practical reasons, but it does look like a bus :(

I drive it like an Astra, and have had great fun out running some of the teenagers in clapped out skips that have been inhaling my exhaust fumes. :D (Hmmm, 2.2 SRi, no give-away skirts ;):hihi: )