How Do You Use The Forum?

Everybody knows that us folk in Yorkshire oppose change and like our routines but is this true in the way you use the forum?

I have a set path I usually follow. I start in Sheffield Discussions and the off to Pets Goup. General Discussions is next with a visit to I'm Bored if I have time. Sometimes if I realy have nothing to do I'll scour through all the other sections but I always follow my routine first.

Does everyone do this? It's probably the only problem with everything being so tidy and decompartmentalised. For example, I very rarely visit the entertainment section but love films and other people's opinions on them. Also, I recently stumbled into the Sports & Activities section and found out about a Touch Rugby Group that meets for friendly games. I'm going tonight, actually but it's something I would have usually missed because of my 'map'. In fact, I'm sure tht's why the meetings aren't as popular as they could be.

How do you navigate the forum?

I usually start by insulting everyone for miles around, before making some snide comment about people in China or Zimbawe or Dinnington. Then I become sarcastic about reptile lovers and insinuate that all gay men are secretly in love with Madona or Ann Widdicome. Finally I appeal desperately for a girlfriend and confess my sins to the vicars on here who absolve them. i repeat this pattern daily.

I usually go to Sheffield Discussions first, then general followed by any interest groups that may interest me, like walking and pets. I sometimes go into others like entertainment and jobs, just depends what I'm looking for, sometimes I can be on here for hours just browsing, got nothing better to do,lol.

I rarely look through the individual sections. I click on view new posts, and go from there.

Vanessa

xx

I end up flicking between General Dicussions, Sport, Property and Sheffield Discussions .General Discussions is the best for a giggle! :D

General Discussions, occasionally straying into Sheffield Discussions and very seldom Entertainment.

I almost always also check who's online.

I always check Sheffield Discussions and then General Discussions which can take hours if i've not been on for a while and then if i've still got nothing to do i'll go and have a peek in I'm Bored. The view new posts way seems a good idea though. I'm going to try that way tomorrow.

My general routine is to read General Discussions first (where I spend most of my time) followed by Computer/Tech Chat which is full of useful advice.

There's a couple of threads on Sheff Discussions I've been following ... the SLH v. Graves Park being the main one. I rarely view or comment on that particular Forum section though.

I also visit the Writing Group daily, and similarly the History & Ex-Pat Section.

When I'm not on SF, I read a variety of online newspapers.

I look at my control panel first to see if anyone has added to threads I've been on and then search forum where mine is set up for Sheff discussions and general discussions only. I never look at the other stuff.

General Discussions, occasionally straying into Sheffield Discussions and very seldom Entertainment.

I almost always also check who's online.

Do you check for people you want to talk to or people you want to avoid?! :D

Do you check for people you want to talk to or people you want to avoid?! :D

Both!!!! If I see poeple online who I really like, I check what thread they're viewing then have a peek myself.

Oh my God, have just realised that I'm a stalker.:o

Both!!!! If I see poeple online who I really like, I check what thread they're viewing then have a peek myself.

Oh my God, have just realised that I'm a stalker.:o

Scary stuff. A lot of the people on here are registered as invisible so you won't know if they are here or not.