Whis is responsible for removing rediffusion?

The massive old Rediffusion cable has come away from the wall, and is now hanging down blocking my bathroom window. Does anyone know who is responsible for removing the cable?

Hang a 4-pack of stella on it and then show it to some chavs.

It isn't in use any more, so....

It isn't in use any more, so....

I know we could probably remove it ourselves, but when my Mum had an extension built a few years ago, someone came and took the cable down. She says she can't remember who it was, but they took alot of finding:roll:

I know we could probably remove it ourselves, but when my Mum had an extension built a few years ago, someone came and took the cable down. She says she can't remember who it was, but they took alot of finding:roll:

Technically, Granada Television do (own it). In reality it's been long abandoned with the equipment being powered down for years. The last system I heard of being in use was in Luton (in the illustrious Marsh Farm area). They had problems with TV reception so many flats had it for a long time; in later years this was taken over by the council. Eventually ComCast cabled the flats and NTL took this over so the council system was decommissioned.

I very much doubt Granada have any accountability for this equipment, but years ago you could either get a discount on the service or be paid to have Rediffusion equipment on your property. So I would be interested to see if one of their cable poles rotted and fell, who would take liability? Bet in this instance Granada would say the system fell years before their involvement and the original management are no longer around so it becomes whoever's land it's on owning it.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=243973

cut it down yourself and take it to a scap yard and cash it in,

copper cable is fetching £1200 per ton at the moment

The massive old Rediffusion cable has come away from the wall, and is now hanging down blocking my bathroom window. Does anyone know who is responsible for removing the cable?

I had the same at mine house when i moved in, council removed mine

I had the same at mine house when i moved in, council removed mine

Was it a council house though?