Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Halal Restaurants

Home > Sheffield > Going out in Sheffield

Reply To Topic

21-04-2008, 18:40   #1
KW2008

Total Posts: 12
What are the best Halal restaurants in Sheffield like Lebanese.

Thanks
22-04-2008, 01:40   #2
Flightlevel

Total Posts: 181
Halal slaughter should be banned in this country. We have far more humane methods of animal slaughter.
22-04-2008, 01:42   #3
KW2008

Total Posts: 12
okay thanks for your input but i don't want to discus methods of killing animals for food just restaurants that offer lovely HALAL meals.

ciao
23-04-2008, 12:51   #4
Naz25

Total Posts: 106
Fightlevel, why don't you become a vegetarian as you are so concerned about animal welfare?
23-04-2008, 12:52   #5
Naz25

There are lots of indian restuarants which offer halal food such as Akbars, Aagrah, Cafe Guru etc. Not sure of any lebanese ones though.
23-04-2008, 14:51   #6
brianthedog

Total Posts: 3,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightlevel View Post
Halal slaughter should be banned in this country. We have far more humane methods of animal slaughter.
He has a point though...
23-04-2008, 15:12   #7
Naz25

Not really, what about all those people that butcher animals by electrical stunning or by gas systems? They are not humane methods at all, and i don't hear anyone complaining about them.

With regards to halal meat, it is backed by the law as well as the world's largest growing religion.

I think people should be informed on the topic in full before they start to make accusations that other people may beleive to be accurate.

It concerns me that people who put up such posts use the a particurlar topic to cover their true prejudiced personality.
23-04-2008, 16:52   #8
mossdog

Total Posts: 2,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz25 View Post
Not really, what about all those people that butcher animals by electrical stunning or by gas systems? They are not humane methods at all, and i don't hear anyone complaining about them.

With regards to halal meat, it is backed by the law as well as the world's largest growing religion.

I think people should be informed on the topic in full before they start to make accusations that other people may beleive to be accurate.

It concerns me that people who put up such posts use the a particurlar topic to cover their true prejudiced personality.
Moderator,with comments like the above, this post could get very nasty! Probably best closed down now it's been hijacked by Islamic religion! Native Britons generally don't eat Halal meat!......................I wonder why.

Last edited by mossdog; 23-04-2008 at 19:06.
24-04-2008, 13:22   #9
Naz25

Hijacked by islamic religion? Not at all, this is merely a point of view.

Funny how you seemed to ignore the other inhumane ways of butchering animals.
24-04-2008, 13:26   #10
brianthedog

Total Posts: 3,490
I don't think that is the case; not wanting to get drawn into the morality of killing an animal, either in accordance with a religious practice or otherwise, is the reason for no reply. Plus, it's a topic which is highly likely to get pulled my a mod so pretty futile!
24-04-2008, 14:07   #11
Norbert

Total Posts: 1,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz25 View Post
Fightlevel, why don't you become a vegetarian as you are so concerned about animal welfare?

Funny how you seemed to ignore the other inhumane ways of butchering animals.
You imply both/all ways are inhumane. Therefore take your own advice and become a vegetarian yourself.
24-04-2008, 14:14   #12
sTaGeWaLkEr

Total Posts: 5,712
Mod note:

The OP asked for advice on where the best restaurants are that use Halal meat. He/she didn't ask for a debate about the ethics of said meat.

Keep the thread on topic.
24-04-2008, 15:16   #13
Norbert

Total Posts: 1,746
But seriously, eating Halal requires abstention from Carrion, Blood, Carnivores, Pork, Gelatin and all animals not killed in Allahís name. I can therefore recommend all of the regionís vegetarian restaurants as 100% Halal

See here:
http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/show...71&postcount=7
24-04-2008, 15:20   #14
Alastair

Total Posts: 4,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by KW2008 View Post
okay thanks for your input but i don't want to discus methods of killing animals for food just restaurants that offer lovely HALAL meals.

ciao
I have a question about Halal.

Is there such a thing as a Halal meal? My understanding was that Halal just refers to the ingredients and not the way they are put together so that any meal made out of Halal foodstuffs would be Halal.

This would be different to a Kosher meal. Even if all the ingredients are Kosher, certain combinations such as mixing meat and dairy products together are strictly forbidden.
24-04-2008, 15:26   #15
Alastair

Total Posts: 4,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
But seriously, eating Halal requires abstention from Carrion, Blood, Carnivores, Pork, Gelatin and all animals not killed in Allah’s name. I can therefore recommend all of the region’s vegetarian restaurants as 100% Halal

See here:
http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/show...71&postcount=7
That's true. Fish and chips is halal too. My muslim work colleagues would always eat fish and chips when visiting for training
courses from overseas.
24-04-2008, 15:54   #16
DelMonte

Total Posts: 439
I'm getting really fed up of all the racist ****** on this forum, keyboard warriors happy to spout *****e from the saftey of their own home...

KW2008 just asked about Halal restaurants not for your opinions on it you halfwits! Can we not just get straight answers to a question like this....?
_______
Party Breaks n Bull$4!t mix: http://www.divshare.com/download/11036210-9f2
THIS Bank Hoilday Saturday 29th May at The Cremorne, London Rd, Capiche?

Last edited by DelMonte; 24-04-2008 at 15:57. Reason: saw red
24-04-2008, 15:57   #17
JJimmysturo

Total Posts: 11
I think everyone needs to calm down
24-04-2008, 16:55   #18
sTaGeWaLkEr

Total Posts: 5,712
Mod note:

If anyone feels that a post is racist, then please report it. If we agree that said post is deemed to be racist, we'll be only too happy to remove it.

Now, back on topic please folks.

Halal Restaurants. Which are the best?
24-04-2008, 18:08   #19
Plain Talker
Happy Hijaabi

Forum Helper
Total Posts: 41,936
There's a nice, small and intimate restaurant on West Street/Glossop Road, called Sheikhs, up near the Oxfam bookshop.

That's Lebanese. I used to love their Halloumi cheese and tomato pitta breads MMM!

If it's specifically middle eastern/ north African cuisine that you are after, the forum foodies had a meat in the Marrakesh restaurant, at west one. The waiter assured me that their meat was all halal. (He assumed that I had ordered the veggie option so as to avoid haram meat). The food there was really nice, and really enjoyable, but as delicious as it was, I felt a bit overfaced with the amount of couscous.

There are a number of "Indian" restaurants along London Rroad, such as "Aroma" and "Jumeirah", which serve halal meat. I have eaten at both of those, and quite enjoyed the food there, on both counts. (Although I didn't have the meat, at either place, as I only eat vegetarian)
_______
Muslim Women should not wear veils, says page 1 of The Sun...
For further information about The Sun's opinion of women, turn to page 3

"People can be taught how to HATE, people can be taught how to SPELL... But apparently, it's one or the other"
25-04-2008, 13:48   #20
mrsmills

Total Posts: 385
Indeed Shiekhs wothy of a recommendation, nice food, well priced and above all Lebanese, have only been there with a Syrian but they were pretty enthusiastic about it!
Reply To Topic