How do I read my other email?

I have more than one email address, and it bugs me that I have to keep switching screen names to check my mail.

Is there any way of re-directing all my other mail to the one screen name?

I'm on AOL if that helps.:help:

Bin AOL they are :gag:

Are both accounts with AOL? Most providers offer some kind of forwarding service (where each mail is forwarded to another account as it arrives) or can give you the details needed to set up your email client e.g Outlook to collect them.

Best bet would be to try the help section/FAQ of the email provider.

If you're still stuck give us some more details - who is each account with? Which email client e.g. Outlook are you using? Obviously, don't post your username/password though!

Once again Rich shows his technical expertise....

What exactly do you mean by changing screen names? Do you mean user accounts on windows, or something else? You should be able to collect all email in the one inbox from your AOL account regardless of the email address.

You could use mail2web.com from your browser. You then just login with your user name and password as you would normally.

QUOTE]What exactly do you mean by changing screen names? Do you mean user accounts on windows, or something else? You should be able to collect all email in the one inbox from your AOL account regardless of the email address.

I dont know if it's different with other service providers, but with AOL each user has to sign on to their own screen name to access their email. e.g. fivestar4you@aol.com is the one I'm on now, but if I wanted to read mail from my other email address I would have to sign off from the one I was using and then sign on as my other screen name.

Do you mean your getting your mail from an online webmail client, or are you using a mail client on your computer such as outlook express?

I found Outlook completely rubbish. I would suggest getting Mozilla's Thunderbird, It's like Outlook but it's just not Microsoft.

I found Outlook completely rubbish. I would suggest getting Mozilla's Thunderbird, It's like Outlook but it's just not Microsoft.

Fair enough, you're allowed to hate Outlook, but let's try and help 5star shall we?

5star, so you're signing in to AOL as one user and then to access another email you sign out of AOL and sign back in as another user id? Am I understanding that right?

I'm not familiar with current AOL set-up's, but I would have thought there would be an option to allow someone else (another user ID) to access your inbox. Have a look around in their settings for something like "delegate access" or "grant access to another user" - this can't be an uncommon request for them and with such a family-friendly company where parents are encouraged to check what their kids are up to I would be surprised if the functionality didn't exist.

Try their Help too.

thanx hotphil.

I'll let you know what I find :thumbsup:

You could use mail2web.com from your browser. You then just login with your user name and password as you would normally.

isnt it dangerous to give your screen name and your password over the internet? :confused:

That was being helpful - It was a personal opinion that I was voicing.

I would also check out other email clients like Eudora, Pegasus (used by Sheffield Uni), Icredimail, Outlook and Outlook Express and EurekaMail. You should be able to set any of these up easily.

:D :D :D

good luck, I hope that AOL is helpful too

Jaye