Sheffield Forum
Your message here

How to find out if someone is driving illegally??

Home > General > General Discussions

Reply To Topic
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
16-02-2008, 23:05   #1
morgilou
Registered User
morgilou's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: sheffield
Total Posts: 186
as the title states ,is there any way you can find out if someones driving illegally i.e driving on a provisional license whilst having no one sat beside them. we are sure we know of someone who has,nt passed their test but drives about as if they own the rd we,v reported it to the police on numerous occassions but nothing ever happens.just wondered if i could check the info im receiving is true b4 wasting anymore of the polices time and my time,cheers
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2008, 23:07   #2
getto_sniper
Registered User
getto_sniper's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Total Posts: 1,095
why do you feel the need to grass people up do you feel hard done by in any way i cant understand it have they upset you


WHY
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2008, 23:11   #3
morgilou
Registered User
morgilou's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: sheffield
Total Posts: 186
this is nothing to do with what i origanally posted,at the end of the day if they are driving illegally someone needs to tell the relevant authorities.bet you would have different views if it was yor child/car ect that was hit,injured/damaged by someone that is,nt legal to drive.
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2008, 23:11   #4
depoix
Registered User
depoix's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Total Posts: 8,239
maybe the driver is a pain in the rear, dont know of any way you can find out really if they have passed their test,what about a pm to the police on here? maybe they can check the car reg or something..
_______
i am not a number, i am a man, a person
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikynT...eature=related
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2008, 23:12   #5
Thunzi
Lion King
Thunzi's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Dubai
Total Posts: 5,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by getto_sniper View Post
why do you feel the need to grass people up do you feel hard done by in any way i cant understand it have they upset you


WHY
Because they're driving illegally? Because they're a risk to all road users? I'm sure if they crashed and killed someone in your family you'd be furious if they were on the road without a license.
_______
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." Douglas Adams
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2008, 23:17   #6
getto_sniper
Registered User
getto_sniper's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Total Posts: 1,095
there must be a reason why you don't just choose someone at random and decide there going to be at the brunt of your attention
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2008, 23:21   #7
AJ sheffield
Registered User
AJ sheffield's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Status: Join Date: Location: Total Posts:
Total Posts: 12,458
Watching the local news the other day and they reckon not far from 30 percent of Sheffields drivers are without insurance. Bradford topped the charts though with nearly 60 percent, no surprise there then.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
16-02-2008, 23:25   #8
morgilou
Registered User
morgilou's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: sheffield
Total Posts: 186
other than having to pay for lessons,then car insurance,mots,road tax and everything else involved in driving LEGALLY driving,i think i and every other legal motorist on here has good reason to have a problem with any1 thats illegal to drive and then pursues to drive around like the rds their own,especially when they are driving with children in their vehicle,and drive everyday to a school where theres numerous amounts of childen about and then brag to people about the fact that they are illegal to drive,call me naive but this is just something that grates on me.
  Reply With Quote
17-02-2008, 00:00   #9
Strix
Registered User
Strix's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: SF of course!
Total Posts: 32,540
have you tried notifying the DVLA? they seem to have become more pro-active of late

so how's the car being taxed btw?
_______
please donate to Support Dogs - a Sheffield charity
see what Rain Rescue is up to - To donate, text RAIN04 (3/5/10) to 70070
  Reply With Quote
17-02-2008, 00:17   #10
rothschild
Registered User
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Total Posts: 1,157
Driving illegaly is no different to any other criminal offence........it is against the law! It is a crime and should be reported just as any other crime should be.
Illegal drivers are stealing just like any other thief is.
Legal drivers are paying for illegal drivers every time they re-new their insurance!
As for those that drive around without insurance being caught and given the option of either paying for insurance or having their cars crushed..........why crush the cars?? Why not auction them off and donate the proceeds to the Motor Insurers Bureaux??
All legal drivers contribute to this organisation through their insurance. It is there to pay damages to people that have suffered injury and loss etc through the actions of un-insured drivers.
If I had my way then every single un-insured driver would automatically have their car impounded and sold off at auction.........they wouldn't be given 24 hours or whatever to come up with insurance!!
Anybody that can't afford to meet the legal requirements necessary to run a car, should catch the bus or walk.......end of......no arguments!
  Reply With Quote
17-02-2008, 00:45   #11
crowsfeet
Registered User
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Total Posts: 6
www.askmid.com-askmid.aspx


this checks cars insurance on database.
  Reply With Quote
17-02-2008, 00:47   #12
crowsfeet
Registered User
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Total Posts: 6
http://www.askmid.com/askmid.aspx
  Reply With Quote
17-02-2008, 01:00   #13
Heyesey
Registered User
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Total Posts: 12,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by getto_sniper View Post
there must be a reason why

That they're a criminal *is* the reason why. You might not give a monkey's toss about the community at large, but some people do, and take what steps they can to put a stop to crime within it.
  Reply With Quote
17-02-2008, 01:09   #14
kimba
Registered User
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Total Posts: 2,711
well i have held a uk provisional licence for over 14 yrs and yes ocasianally i have driven without my partner holding a full uk licence and i know yes im going to get flack for it but hey at least i can admit it.
  Reply With Quote
17-02-2008, 02:10   #15
getto_sniper
Registered User
getto_sniper's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Total Posts: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyesey View Post
That they're a criminal *is* the reason why. You might not give a monkey's toss about the community at large, but some people do, and take what steps they can to put a stop to crime within it.
they don't know they have committed a crime they have took a dislikeing to them and hoping to get something on them
  Reply With Quote
17-02-2008, 02:29   #16
getto_sniper
Registered User
getto_sniper's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Total Posts: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowsfeet View Post

Quote:
Confirm that this vehicle belongs to you
I confirm that the vehicle detailed above is registered, owned or insured by either my employer or myself and is regularly driven by me. I understand it is an offence to wrongfully obtain information of this nature without reasonable cause and if I fail to provide true reasons for acquiring information I may be committing an offence of unlawfully obtaining data contrary to section 55 of the Data Protection Act 1988. I declare that the information provided will not be used for any purposes unrelated to this enquiry. I agree to the terms of use as stated on this web site.

beware
  Reply With Quote
17-02-2008, 06:37   #17
swordfish1
Registered User
swordfish1's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: on cloud 8
Total Posts: 3,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba View Post
well i have held a uk provisional licence for over 14 yrs and yes ocasianally i have driven without my partner holding a full uk licence and i know yes im going to get flack for it but hey at least i can admit it.
Does admitting it somehow make it better? You're driving uninsured. I'd personally lock you up and have your car crushed. Is there a reason you haven't taken your test yet? You say you've had a provisional licence for 14 years but still haven't taken it? Having being in an accident with an uninsured driver, I think they're all scum.
  Reply With Quote
17-02-2008, 09:50   #18
morgilou
Registered User
morgilou's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: sheffield
Total Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
have you tried notifying the DVLA? they seem to have become more pro-active of late

so how's the car being taxed btw?
i believe the way they are getting round this is they have insurance,but obviousley this only covers them if they are driving with someone else in the vehicle that has held a full license for 3 years.they all so have the mot certificate,log books ect needed to get rd tax.theres nothing to stop you buying a car without a full license.
  Reply With Quote
17-02-2008, 09:53   #19
wwcrazy
Registered User
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Total Posts: 1,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba View Post
well i have held a uk provisional licence for over 14 yrs and yes ocasianally i have driven without my partner holding a full uk licence and i know yes im going to get flack for it but hey at least i can admit it.


It's not big and it's not clever!
  Reply With Quote
17-02-2008, 09:57   #20
morgilou
Registered User
morgilou's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: sheffield
Total Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowsfeet View Post
even if i did enter the illegal drivers car reg here im sure it would show as having insurance cos i believe they have insurance but it only covers them if they have someone sat with them that has been driving for 3 years,they always drive round without any1 with them other than children
  Reply With Quote
Reply To Topic

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:39.
POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED
Click "Report Post" under any post which may breach our terms of use.
©2002-2014 Sheffield Forum | Powered by vBulletin ©2014