Tinsley in the 50's and 60's

Hi there I have looking at people discussing life in the Attercliffe thread Attercliffe and felt sure that there were many links with Tinsley too.

I was born in Tinsley 1954 and lived on Dundas Road. Dad was disabled and confined to a wheel chair. His name was Ernest Wood. His Father was called Tommy and Mother was Called Mary Ellen. They Lived in Tinsley too, does anyone remember them or interesting aspects of tinsley.

I went to Tinsley County Junior School and remember a few people. Derek Booth, Martin Wilcox Teddy Whitehead.

Remember skipping school and playing down by the canal. Loads of old shells casings and bomb craters to play in.

Edited by SnookerJohn

do you remember the brand family

I know this thread is a bit old but do you have any photos of Tinsley during your time living there?

I am compiling a history of the town.

I don't have many if any at all, but I will check.

him8,do you remember the henshaws,johnsons.gordon gibson,john tongue?

I seem to recall the name John Tongue but as for the others, the memory fails.

I seem to recall the name John Tongue but as for the others, the memory fails.

him8,they were scooter boys in the early 70s,met up in the cafe behind thhe gulf garage near the pike & heron.

him8,do you remember the henshaws,johnsons.gordon gibson,john tongue?

I remember all of them, I went to Tinsley juniors and Park House with them.

I know this thread is a bit old but do you have any photos of Tinsley during your time living there?

I am compiling a history of the town.

Hi what kind of history are you doing?

Just Tinsly or Sheffield as a whole

I am do a slimier thing but on the food in eaten in Sheffield

I remember all of them, I went to Tinsley juniors and Park House with them.

hi,dunney, how they all do'in?

Hi willo I dont know them anymore, ive not lived in Tinsley for years.

Hi there I have looking at people discussing life in the Attercliffe thread Attercliffe and felt sure that there were many links with Tinsley too.

I was born in Tinsley 1954 and lived on Dundas Road. Dad was disabled and confined to a wheel chair. His name was Ernest Wood. His Father was called Tommy and Mother was Called Mary Ellen. They Lived in Tinsley too, does anyone remember them or interesting aspects of tinsley.

I went to Tinsley County Junior School and remember a few people. Derek Booth, Martin Wilcox Teddy Wilcox.

Remember skipping school and playing down by the canal. Loads of old shells casings and bomb craters to play in.

i will ask my grandparents they lived on dundas road until a few years ago,they lived at number 88 horace and peggy bluff...they had 4 children richar,ian,stuart and elaine born between 57 and 63 i do believe.