Sign in to follow this  

The mission to Titan

I've been on the internet latly and have visited various sites about Titan. i just wanted know any really good site withe detailed pictures?

xx

HI,

i thoaght esa's coverage of the event was terrible,

i think they only released 3 pictures at first,nasa would'v just put out the whole lot as they came down,

i usualy go here to see whats happening cassini wise,

http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov

Next Encounter:

Enceladus Flyby

1,176 km (731 miles)

Feb. 17, 2005

JJ..

The images from Huygens, of the actual surface, close up, are only 20x200 pixels strips glued together from (I believe) static ascent/descent cameras.

I don't think that Huygens, the lander, is oriented towards imaging, so much as the chemistry of the moon's surface, atmosphere and the irradiation it receives, plus any interesting reactions that can be detected.

The pictures from Cassini, the orbiter, however, are predictably excellent. The weather on Titan is a major feature of interest.

HE HE

it does look like it !

looks like the empire has taken on a few labour mp's

mind you even sheffield city council would struggle to make it so run down lookin (lol)

seriously though,any bigger and the impact would'v smashed mimas apart,

JJ..

Originally posted by bexy_babe

I've been on the internet latly and have visited various sites about Titan. i just wanted know any really good site withe detailed pictures?

xx

The excitement comes from the data not from the landing. The landing is a supreme engineering accomplishment and the pictures of an alien world are fascinating but the real anticipation rests with the release of the processed data and all the new possibilities it might hold. It might even turn out to be bland and uninteresting and prove that there's absolutely nothing fantastic about Titan at all, but that would still be an exciting development.

If all want are pretty pictures, you'd be better off looking towards the Grand Canyon. ;)