Do you have a ideal location for a 'Pocket Park' ?

In or near Hillsborough?

Pocket Parks are not a new idea, the thought is simple …. turn derelict unused space into small plots of “community space” maybe the odd seat, a tree, and some flowers . Nothing special just a green space amongst the bricks.

If you can think of a space that might be suitable as a “Pocket Park” let us know!!

What about in Heeley? I know the perfect spot for a little green space, and it's badly needed by local kids too who have nowhere at ALL to play!

The one that corners on Haden Street and Taplin Road. A complete eyesore at the moment, but if the railings/ fences were taken down and it was tidied up it would look really nice. Better than building another house (which seems to happen to every small bit of undeveloped land in Hillsborough at the moment!)

An ideal spot would be on Rudyard Road, Well over grown but would benefit from something along these lines.

the pondarosa had half a dozen strategically placed benches that were great,but now they have been allowed to become overgrown with brambles,theres rats around the two that are just about still usable

The old norton aerodrome would make a good community space, but i think they're planning on building a housing development on it :(

the pondarosa had half a dozen strategically placed benches that were great,but now they have been allowed to become overgrown with brambles,theres rats around the two that are just about still usable

Oh yeah definitely the Ponderosa! Been around for years that, my Dad used to walk his dogs on there when he lived on Upperthorpe in the 60s.

my back garden could do with some pruning and women only sign needs putting up

I have a large duffel coat that I no longer wear two very large pockets any good

What about in Heeley? I know the perfect spot for a little green space, and it's badly needed by local kids too who have nowhere at ALL to play!

There is loads of open space in Heeley.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=s2&ie=UTF8&ll=53.36145,-1.470602&spn=0.002875,0.007231&t=h&z=17&om=1

Not to mention Meersbrook park and Norfolk park nearby.

when i first read the title, I thought it was someone asking where they can park their pockets! :loopy: