Do I need planning permission for a dropped kerb?

I Need To Get My Kerb Lowered To Have A Drive Do I Need Planning Permission. And Is It True Who Ever Does It Has To Have Mega High Public Liability, Any Ideas What Council Charge

£60 i think.

Whats With A Capital Letter At The Start Of Every Word, Its Very Hard To Read

Thanks For Help I Blame Computer For Capital Letters Not Me

I can't remember what we paid the council, I think it was around £30, but that was around 5 yrs ago or so. We paid around £600 for the kerb dropping, as you do have to use someone who is approved by the council.

yep its £600 ,poss more now done with the council and if you get sub contractors they need all the insurance and formal forms as well as a highway inspection on all the stages of the drop kerb and layers of tarmac etc.and dont forget that you need two permissions for the driveway,1 to cross the highway/footpath,2 to go onto your property.two different depts in the council.

I just called the council switchboard told them what i wanted to do and got put through to highways and someone explained everything i needed to do and sent the forms out to me. We needed to pay £35 to have it processed. When your application is approved they will send you a list of people approved to carry it out. This was the other week.

I Need To Get My Kerb Lowered To Have A Drive Do I Need Planning Permission. And Is It True Who Ever Does It Has To Have Mega High Public Liability, Any Ideas What Council Charge

Just do it and claim you have no idea when or how it happened, you woke up one morning and people that looked like council were there! Just another excuse for the council to get money off people.

Just do it and claim you have no idea when or how it happened, you woke up one morning and people that looked like council were there! Just another excuse for the council to get money off people.

Fantastic post, and well thought out !! Not.!!!

The previous owner of our house had the kerb dropped like this quote suggests, it led to water flooding down the dirve every time it rained heavy. I called the highways who came out and did the job properly last year and charged me nothing.

We have recently been issued with a warning for crossing the pathway with our vehicle without permission. They DO check and WILL fine you.

Guess who coughed up £35 a couple of weeks back!!!