How do people who don't want kids attract partners?

It's often said by scientists that subconsciously we look for a mate suitable for breeding with; hence women look for signs of fertile father material in men and men are attracted to women whose physical features tend towards child bearing and rearing.

However, what if - like my good lady and I - you have felt all your life that you never wanted to have children? What is it therefore that draws people who are happy to remain childless together?

my next door neighbours have eight cats - instead

Mutual infertility?

It's often said by scientists that subconsciously we look for a mate suitable for breeding with; hence women look for signs of fertile father material in men and men are attracted to women whose physical features tend towards child bearing and rearing.

However, what if - like my good lady and I - you have felt all your life that you never wanted to have children? What is it therefore that draws people who are happy to remain childless together?

con fu sus, him say:

'a man who does not want children will remain a child all his life'

Its probably the same things as other 'child bearing' couples. The attraction is sub conscious, whereas the decision to not have children is conscious.

Also, the factors that we look for in a prospective partner are beneficial in a relationship even without children. E.g. women look for an ability to provide and support, men look for physical fitness and compatibility.

What is it that draws together people who don't wish to have children?

The wish for a good night's sleep and a high disposable income?

At least you and your missus agree on the subject.

con fu sus, him say:

'a man who does not want children will remain a child all his life'

A wise fellow. Sounds like a good plan.