Been to Thornberry Animal Sanctuary

I have been to thornberry animal sanctuary today twice, with two full car loads, for them, i thought whilst am here i will have a wander round, what a mistake, i was heartbroke, it is really upsetting to see all the animals desperate for a forever home, just so they can have, home comforts and to be spoilt, it opens your eyes, and breaks your heart.

If anyone is considering getting a pet please consider the rescue centre's. if i could i would take them all.

Many thanks to people who have donated bric a brac i have passed it to the sanctuary, and they are going to sell it in their shop.

They are still in desperate need of towels, blankets, old duvets to keep them warm, thanks to angilaruk and myself we have donated a loads of bedding. I am willing to collect anymore bedding and take it up,

It may break your heart to see them there shihtzumad, but please don't let that tug your heart strings to make you take an animal to which you are anything less than 100% committed.

The shelters and animals will wait until the right home is found and none of the animals that have made it as far as the shelter are in anything like as bad circumstances as those which have been abandoned and are currently living rough. There are much worse things in this world than living in a shelter with your medical needs attended to and all your food needs seen to.

There are lots of shelters and rescue centres which are struggling for money and I'm sure that they would all welcome any spare resources that anyone would happen to have- that includes time as well as physical things, by the way.

And yes- if you're thinking of getting a pet please think of a rescue animal. People are not getting the message about neutering and spaying their animals and there are just as many unwanted puppies, kittens and babies of all species as there ever were looking for homes through shelters.

Thanks for the update shihtzumad. I still have a heap of stuff for them and we're tripping over it!!! LOL

If you can't find use for it, let me know and I'll try and relocate it to some other charity.

It's great to know that there are caring people out there who are willing to go that little extra!!

Give me a call anytime ya wanna chat, your a star and I'm proud to say I met ya :)

*Hugz*

Angi

im a volunteer dog walker for them,

great place and staff

i do think if the shop was open every day instead of weekends you could buy things or make a donation.

I'm not looking to buy LOL ..... I have a donation, just no transport (neither of us drive) and we need the space as we are turning the utility room into a fish room (about 30 tanks) so I have to become a non horder now LOL ....that's gonna be hard!!!

I would love to take a dog too, but we live in a flat and I don't think it would be fair.

*Smiles*

Angi

I'm not looking to buy LOL ..... I have a donation, just no transport (neither of us drive) and we need the space as we are turning the utility room into a fish room (about 30 tanks) so I have to become a non horder now LOL ....that's gonna be hard!!!

I would love to take a dog too, but we live in a flat and I don't think it would be fair.

*Smiles*

Angi

where abouts are you?

You can have a dog in a Flat ! I've rehomed dogs to people in flats, nothing wrong with it providing you have places nearby where you can excercise them :)

Thornberry wouldn't let me have a kitten because I have a job. Wierd that because I thought having a regular income would mean I could properly afford to provide for my kitten.

Didn't particularly appreciate the way I was told either.

I have a bit of a problem with thornberry whilst i think what they do is great they are asking £120+ for a donation fee which to me leaves out people who can make a donation but not a huge one like that, there are loads of people dying to give a dog a home but with prices like that no wonder they have so many dogs! especially when other rescue charge a very reasonable 50-75 what are they doing that other rescues dont? also i tried to volunteer several times and i was spoken to very rudely, so have several people i know shame really cos it affect the animals

I'm sorry to say that my experience of Thornberry has been quite bad recently.

I have always been spoken to very rudely

I've had a bad experience of Thornberry too ... I used to call in there once a week to drop off dog/cat food donations (not much, probably a tray of 6 ... 12 if on offer .... of dog food and the same of cat whilst i passed on my way to my sisters .... in the summer i used to walk their dogs too ..... until a few years ago ... i was nipping upto my sisters and called in with my usual food donation .... when i was stopped and asked for 50p entrance fee (this was new .... ), i explained i was only dropping food off but i was told either pay 50p or go .... again i tried to tell them that i had not got any money with me, and i just wanted to donate the food .... and i was turned away ... with my donation ..... very rudely. I phoned to complain only to be told .... rules are rules. that was about 2 to 3 years ago ... i will never go again, i now make my charitable donations to charitys that aprechiate them