Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Tucci at Meadowhall

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield News & Discussions

Reply To Topic

07-08-2007, 12:44   #1
rachc123

Total Posts: 56
In May i bought a jacket for £90 from Tucci before deciding it wasnt right so I took it back, to be told I could only have a credit note. Now I wasnt too happy about that as I had never been told they don't do refunds, and if they had told me I probably wouldn't have bought it in the first place. Anyway I took the credit note and they told me I had 1 year to redeem it, the next time I went to Meadowhall was about a month later (I live in Chesterfield and dont drive) to find Tucci is closing down, and with naff all on the shelves I was told by a rude member to staff to 'find something I want by the end of the week' but there was like NOWT on the shelves!! I said cant I have my money back and she said take it up with head office and gave me the address, so i wrote them a nice letter asking for my 90 squiddle back but had no reply. So now I am stuck with a useless and expensive piece of paper, surely I have some rights about getting me money back?????
07-08-2007, 12:48   #2
Dave h-j

Total Posts: 363
Nope - If you bought something and didn't like it - then you rely on the goodwill of the store. There is no law to say that you must get your moneyback and they don't even have to give you a credit note.

The only time you can get a refund is if they are faulty in some way.
07-08-2007, 13:47   #3
wopp

Total Posts: 173
People should make their minds up in the shop. Maybe if their were no fitting rooms or if it was a gift I could understand it. Almost three months later and you decide you don't want it? If it were my shop you wouldnt have got a refund either i'm afraid. Imagine if everyone did as you did, shops would be full of virtually second hand stock that had been in other peoples homes for weeks on end.
07-08-2007, 13:56   #4
rachc123

if you had it read it properly it says I took it back a month later, but thanks for that, great help
07-08-2007, 13:58   #5
heavenlyarts

Total Posts: 2,365
They have a web store http://www.tuccistore.co.uk/catalog/...992f862bbd16b9
07-08-2007, 14:00   #6
wopp

sorry you are correct, i didn't read it properly. try their website shop to spend your credit note, they might accept them i dunno.
07-08-2007, 14:02   #7
rachc123

I'll try the website thanks but I won't hold my breath, hope so tho cos I am skinnnnt (serve me right for spending such an obscene amount on 1 item)
07-08-2007, 14:04   #8
mills

Total Posts: 360
hi rachc123, was the jacket faulty in anyway? was their refund policy in plain view in the shop or on your receipt? did the staff say you could bring it back? you may have grounds for a refund.
07-08-2007, 14:14   #9
Leg-end

Total Posts: 880
Make the jacket faulty. Although i suppose you've left it a little late now.
_______
Leg-end - it’s what football’s all about!
07-08-2007, 14:16   #10
wopp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg-end View Post
Make the jacket faulty. Although i suppose you've left it a little late now.
Yeah, be as bad as a thief good idea!
07-08-2007, 14:18   #11
Leg-end

Quote:
Originally Posted by wopp View Post
Yeah, be as bad as a thief good idea!

Don't be so dramatic.
_______
07-08-2007, 14:57   #12
wopp

Dramatic? How do u come to that conclusion?
Damaging goods to falsely claim it's faulty for a refund - item is unsaleable and unreturnable to manufacturers - result is the same as if it were stolen. Maybe you have never owned a shop.
07-08-2007, 15:12   #13
pete_jim

Total Posts: 1,493
Quote:

Don't be so dramatic.
How dare you be so flippant. What you advocated is no different from theft, bet you don't run a business of your own.
07-08-2007, 15:20   #14
mills

Total Posts: 360

Last edited by mills; 25-05-2009 at 09:42.
07-08-2007, 15:28   #15
rachc123

Thanks for the replies, I never saw the exchange policy written anywhere but I guess it must of been somewhere, its just I thought 95% of shops do refunds and if they don't I thought it would have been mentioned. Sometimes I buy 2 items then when I get home I decide which 1 i like best and take the other one back when I've had time to decide at home, guess I'll not have to be so daft in future. I'm sure youll agree though £90 is a lot of money to lose
07-08-2007, 15:34   #16
wopp

Maybe you could spend it in the other stores in Newcastle or Metro Centre (unless they are closing down too) ?. I know it's a pain but it's an excuse for a day out
or flog your £90 voucher on ebay maybe.
07-08-2007, 15:36   #17
bladesufc1

Total Posts: 4,117
unfortunatly they are right. HOWEVER if the jacket is faulty and they dont have another jacket you like, then you CAN have a refund if you pay by credit card in the 1st place
08-08-2007, 10:58   #18
Leg-end

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_jim View Post
bet you don't run a business of your own.
No.

I simply don't agree with certain shops selling absolute tat at overinflated prices. I love my labels, don't get me wrong, but some places deserve to be taken for a ride and TUCCI is one of them.
_______

Last edited by Leg-end; 08-08-2007 at 11:10.
08-08-2007, 11:25   #19
pete_jim

Total Posts: 1,493
Quote:
No.

I simply don't agree with certain shops selling absolute tat at overinflated prices. I love my labels, don't get me wrong, but some places deserve to be taken for a ride and TUCCI is one of them.
If TUCCI sell tat at overinflated prices don't go there, that's probably why they are closing anyway, but don't try and justify your advocation of what is tantamount to theft by using what you perceive as their shortcomings. Two wrongs don't make a right.
08-08-2007, 11:27   #20
wopp

Quote:
No.

The price and quality of the item is irrellevent - the OP obviously thought it was worth the 'overinflated' price when first purchased (otherwise, why buy it). Customers simply are like mardy children who don't like it when they don't get their own way even when they are being completly unreasonable themselves. Don't buy things in the first place if you don't really want them, and don't assume you have a right to a refund. No shop forces you to buy anything, they may try to persuade you and bulls*** you, but that's their job. Take responsibility for yourselves, and don't slag them off for doing what they are there for- to make money, not buy back what they sold to you earlier that month.
Reply To Topic