A REAL Legend in Muay Thai!!!

Has anyone here who practises muay thai heard of master Nick Hewitson?

He is meant to be an absolute legend in muay thai.

He has won so much in martial arts in general he makes even the most credible world champion look like a slacker.

Here is part of his resume:

http://www.usmta.com/Nick%20Hewitson.htm

Has anyone here who practises muay thai heard of master Nick Hewitson?

He is meant to be an absolute legend in muay thai.

He has won so much in martial arts in general he makes even the most credible world champion look like a slacker.

Here is part of his resume:

http://www.usmta.com/Nick%20Hewitson.htm

Thanks for that post. I'd never actually heard of him but it was a fascinating read especially about the early days and the differences he found between Master Toddy and Master Sken. He's trained under some big names including Kru Tony Moore and Bob Spour.

I also like the bit about the instructors' classes under Master Sken in the early days:

"The instructors’ courses at that time were something of a star-studded event, having probably the greatest collection of fighters and champions from the various Martial art contact sports; (five times World Thai boxing champion) Ronnie Green, Ladies World Thai Boxing Champions, Ann Quinlin & Lisa Howarth, World Full Contact Karate Champion Howard Brown, as well as World Thai Boxing Champion Pele Nathan, European Champions Edge Brown, Peter Feely, Owen Corrie, Nigel Howlett, Brian Walker & many more."

Speak to Mick Mullaney about him, Mick should have heard of him.

Have a read about some of Master Nick Hewitsons fights.

This is incredible:

In 1994 Nick continued his competition dominance of the competition circuit winning a further ten British titles with various martial art organizations. These included the World Federation of Martial arts, the International Freestyle Combat Federation British Muay Thai and Full Contact Karate titles, the Unitied Kingdom All Styles Organization champion, The Combat Open champion, the W.A.K.O British Middleweight full Contact champion. Together with the EAST Super Tae Kwon do middleweight British title for the twelfth consecutive year & was promoted to the grade of 5th Dan (Ohdan) in Tae Kwon do by Master Y.K.Kim in the Eagle Tae Kwon Do system”

During the summer of that year Nick successfully defended his European Muay Thai title in Holland with a knock out of his opponent in the fourth round. His opponent had a record of 87 fights with 76 by knockout, also whilst in Holland gained his Instructors certificate in Muay Thai from the European Muay Thai Association

After taking Europe he went on to conquer the world:

World title fight in Muay Thai against Dontoraknee.

The Champion had taken part in over two hundred fights and successfully defended this title twelve times. During his previous fight his opponent had died in the ring as a result of the injuries he had sustained, a point Nick was only informed of a week before he was due to leave, however undaunted Nick went ahead with the fight. The preparation in Hong Kong went well with most of it being done on the Island of Lantau and on the rooftop of his hotel in Kowlon. Nick had always had the greatest respect for all the Thai fighter he has come up against, particularly because of however hard they fight they would always smile back at you or give you a nod if you caught them with a good shot. However the greatest concern to Nick’s coach with regard to this fight more than any other was that the harder the fight got, the harder Nick would fight. He wouldn’t give into the pain, and having seen what had happened to Dontoraknee’s opponent, he was concerned that if Nick fought toe to toe with this guy that he could potentially get killed. Therefore Nick was told that if the fight started to get heavy, and he went down then he had to stay down, Nick told him that he would try but that his pride wouldn’t let him unless he was really hurt. The fight started quite slow with each fighter testing the skills & abilities of each other, but by the half way through the first round the scene was set. Nick took a roundhouse kick to the ribs that fractured one of his ribs but managed to weather the storm. Then as Dontoraknee stepped in for the clinch Nick connected with a straight right to his jaw, and as a grimace came across Dontoraknee’s face Nick doubled up with a hook to the body breaking one of Dontoraknee’s ribs. But this was a turning point in the fight because Nick now knew that he could hurt him, and over the course of the next four rounds. Nick put this knowledge to work, winning the fight with a unanimous points decision the score cards for the fight scored the first round a draw and Nick the winner of every other round. At the end of the fight, Dontoraknee’s coach came over to congratulate Nick & gave him one of the greatest honours he had ever received he said that "he fought like a Thai not like European"

During his time there he trained at the Carryboy gym in Bangkok gaining an instructors certificate & having two professional fights at the Lumpini Stadium, winning both by knock-out, one with a spinning elbow to the head & the other with a roundhouse / straight right combination. Nick also traveled to Pattaya City where he trained at the Sityodtong Muay Thai boxing camp where once again Nick gained his instructors Certificate

WORLD TITLE AGAINST JAPANESE FIGHTER

However the Thai authorities won’t sanction the bout, as the Japanese contender wasn’t ranked sufficiently high in the Muay Thai ranking for the vacant title. Which showed very quickly into the fight when Nick shattered his fema with a leg kick one minute forty-five seconds into the first round, but unfortunately thou winning the fight the Thai officials wouldn’t give him the title.

Thanks for that post. I'd never actually heard of him but it was a fascinating read especially about the early days and the differences he found between Master Toddy and Master Sken. He's trained under some big names including Kru Tony Moore and Bob Spour.

I also like the bit about the instructors' classes under Master Sken in the early days:

"The instructors’ courses at that time were something of a star-studded event, having probably the greatest collection of fighters and champions from the various Martial art contact sports; (five times World Thai boxing champion) Ronnie Green, Ladies World Thai Boxing Champions, Ann Quinlin & Lisa Howarth, World Full Contact Karate Champion Howard Brown, as well as World Thai Boxing Champion Pele Nathan, European Champions Edge Brown, Peter Feely, Owen Corrie, Nigel Howlett, Brian Walker & many more."

Did you ask Mick about this guy? He has achieved more than ANY british based thaiboxer

Did you ask Mick about this guy? He has achieved more than ANY british based thaiboxer

Hi Chefkicker, no - not yet. not been able to come to sheffield recently. will ask soon!

Hi chefkicker, i havent spoken to mick but it appears from axkickboxing.com that this guy Nick Hewitson is a fraud and no one has heard of him!! lol.

http://message.axkickboxing.com/index.phtml?action=dispthread&topic=15359&junk=1165920492.01816

"Mr Smith

http://www.badcompany.co.uk

2005-04-14 19:12:03 ( time)

Mr Smith writes:

I'd like to hear the names of some of his opponents - Thais or the ones he claims to have fought in UK or in Europe especially for the titles he claims to hold."

2005-04-14 18:38:20 ( time)

FATBOY writes:

Alan,

I actually took the time to read all of this and I completely understand your motives for starting this thread and voicing your opinions on other threads. I have never read so much bull**** in one story. In all of his 120 MT fights he mentions one name of a 'Killer' thai fighter, surely he would remember others!!!

2006-11-16 10:30:30 ( time)

Gribbo writes:

Nick Hewitson,

I met this guy on holiday in Spain about six years ago!!!

I have just read all the threads about his tall stories, and I can confirm he is the biggest blagger I have ever met!!

I couldn't remember his name but from the photos I am convinced it was him. My wife and I were staying in the same hotel and I overheard him telling a few tall tales at the bar. I couldn't help but speak to him the first thing that struck me was his accent, he claims to be from Newcastle like me but has a Southern accent. When I told him I was a qualified Instructor with Sitnarong he immediatley began telling me about his past which was exactly the same as the stories in his articles.

I am a police officer and deal with liars for a living and I would stand up in any court in the land and say this man is full of ****.

I have read all the threads and one thing he said to me that isn't in there is that he used to be the Thai priminister's bodyguard!!

At this point (I was quite drunk) I asked him what Thai for front kick was, he said he couldn't remember!! I then challenged him about his time frames being impossible for all these fights and called him a liar!! He looked close to tears and left the bar never to be seen again!!

If this is the same guy and I am sure it was I also saw him around the hotel pool and he had a desk physique, no muscle mass whatsoever and has never done a days training in his life.

Sorry to drag this probably now very boring subject up again but this guy is a bull****ter!!!! Who needs mental health help!!

http://message.axkickboxing.com/index.phtml?action=dispthread&topic=20202&junk=1163691030.76261

alan keddle

2005-04-26 05:58:05 ( time)

alan keddle writes:

It is offcial that fighters magazine has withdrawn articles written by Nick Hewitson and he has been removed as one of their contributors. The magazine has prooved its worth and the Muay Thai/ Kickboxing community has exposed him. I hope that our friends in the US will investigate further as he apparently teaches seminars there and trains marines/navy seals!!! lol. This is good news for us as a community we have stuck together to expose a fraud. Thank you to the Fighters magazine and AX site for making this happen. I shall continue to support the efforts of Paul,Martin and the team at Fighters buy selling the magazine. I have been asked to remind all of the Thai and Kickboxing community that we are all welcome to contribute whether it be show reports, seminars, techniques, training tips, tours etc. As long as the articles are written properly, good quality photos are provided then all material will be considered.

http://message.axkickboxing.com/index.phtml?action=dispthread&topic=15359&junk=1114756502.63117

well dodgy! :suspect:

It's shocking that such a fraud deceived so many people and even made it into Fighters Magazine.

Shame that the 'biography' is still online on the net i.e. the link that chefkicker posted. I don't understand why USMTA havent removed the link from their site.

It's shocking that such a fraud deceived so many people and even made it into Fighters Magazine.

Shame that the 'biography' is still online on the net i.e. the link that chefkicker posted. I don't understand why USMTA havent removed the link from their site.

I agree completely!

Rizla , im sorry for winding you up I was waiting to see how long it would take you to cotton on. Me and my mates joke about "master Nick " a lot.

Last thing I heard of him, he was teaching Darth Vader's StormTroopers underwater techniques.

This was after he had defeated Emperor Palpetine in the full contact lightsabre championship of the galaxy.

Rizla , im sorry for winding you up I was waiting to see how long it would take you to cotton on. Me and my mates joke about "master Nick " a lot

:suspect: Or did you post the original link in full belief of what you read and are now trying a spot of, perhaps, back peddling :suspect::hihi: