21-06-2007, 14:11   #2
fox20thc
Forum Hostage

Total Posts: 14,654
I got slippered at about 7 yrs old for cutting up some display paper
21-06-2007, 14:18   #3
eyretile

Total Posts: 447
I got caned once on each hand for forgettting to go to school one day, more commonly known as waggin it!! Although to be fair we did choose to spend the day furthering our thirst for knowledge in the City library. Happy days!
21-06-2007, 14:58   #4
lazyherbert

Total Posts: 1,970
I used to get the stick every day because as soon as there was any writing to do with those old steel pens my page would look as if a spider had walked on it.Come here boy,Whack Whack. I hated school.
21-06-2007, 15:03   #5
sweetdexter

Total Posts: 782
I played truant with the kid next door I think one of the snotty 'teachers pet' happened to say" They live next door to each other".
This was at Colley School 1950/1, we spent the day in Grenner Woods
Mr Birch had us in his office with Mr Shaw in attendance and gave us 6 of the best on the palm.
When I was questioned I said i did not know the neighbour was also off school, to which Mr Birch looked at Mr Shaw and said "Have you ever seen pigs fly?".All this without even checking with the parents to see if it was a genuine absence.
I have no complaints
_______
"All the Philistines line up with the Lemmings"
21-06-2007, 16:20   #6
depoix

Total Posts: 8,239
i hade the cane,for blowing a rassberry when the teacher bent over,and our whole class got it one day,we were told to write about our school,what we liked and disliked,we did,the teachers didnt like the end result so we all got the stick

ive also had the slipper,the board cleaner thrown at me and dozens of bits of chalk

one woman teacher was so evil she would take your hand and thump the back of it against the corner of the desk,this caused my cousin to call her an evil bag,so she made her put soap in her mouth,the day after the same teacher was made to eat the full block of lifeboy by my auntie mable

the teachers were very cruel to the kids,one used acid to remove girls nail varnish,the same one walked around with a cane up his sleeve and would lash you with it for any reason he could think of,other teachers used to borrow fags of the kids and pay them back at the end of the month,then cane them for having fags on them
_______
i am not a number, i am a man, a person
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikynT...eature=related
21-06-2007, 16:24   #7
pattricia
Miss Moneypenny

Total Posts: 74,472
Yes, got caned for wagging it all afternoon with some other kids. I was so proud, being a girl, and showed my red marks off to the other kids.
_______
I Dont Mind Having A Bad Reputation --As Long As Ive Had The Pleasure Of Earning It.
Sponsored Links
21-06-2007, 17:29   #8
Timbuck

Total Posts: 578
"Six of the Best" was quite common in the 40's and 50's at Shiregreen School...When you took your punishment you had to keep yourself from showing any kind of pain..the slightest detection of a tear and you were doomed...You would be regarded by your classmates as a "Sissy" ..And as you returned to your desk they would make remarks such as "Look He's Roorin" and laugh at you.....After a good caning you couldn't hold a pen for a least 30 min's and the whelts stayed till the next day.
_______
Any idiot can design a complex device; it's the man who designs a simple device to do the same job who's the real genius.
21-06-2007, 17:39   #9
steamrollus

Total Posts: 91
You can still get the cane a Le Chambre and other establishments in the Attercliffe area.

Regarding having chalk thrown at you, I have never heard of that but, as they say, "whatever turns you on"
21-06-2007, 19:53   #10
PopT

Total Posts: 2,023
I remembered being caned by a teacher at Hillsborough County school about 1953.

He gave me six strokes and badly bruised all my fingers so that I couldn't hold a pen which defeated the object of education and showed what kind of a sadist he was.

It's a miracle my father didn't throttle him.

Unhappy Days!
21-06-2007, 19:57   #11
melthebell
*gets coat*

Total Posts: 47,278
Send a message via MSN to melthebell Send a message via Yahoo to melthebell
i wasnt caned but ive been slippered and had board rubbers chucked at me
_______
Does your wife know what your up to mel when your in your own little world?
21-06-2007, 20:01   #12
Jabberwocky
Grim Creeper

Total Posts: 29,735
Send a message via MSN to Jabberwocky
I was caned and slippered more times than I care to remember.
The teachers started to worry when I started to enjoy it though and when I started wearing French Knickers for my canings they became more than mildly concerned...
_______
Things Will Change

My Facesbook
21-06-2007, 22:21   #13
BLITZER

Total Posts: 191
Like most lads in my class I had the cane for some misdemeanour or other. If
you drew your hand away and he missed ,he would catch the back of your hand on the way back up,and that was an extra, Our woodwork teacher was a Scot,and his favourite weapon was a strap. He would make sure the strap would reach up to your wrist,very painful. One teacher would call you out to the front and then strike the lamp shade with his cane and say "Seconds out"before laying it on your hand. All part of being a shcoolboy in my day.
22-06-2007, 06:22   #14
mrteabag
Account Closed

Total Posts: 818
i got slippered at st stephens school for dis-respecting mrs briggs
i was copying everything she said for a dare didnt do it again ever not for 10 refresher chews
22-06-2007, 08:51   #15
melv

Total Posts: 724
In junior school I was hit with board rubbers,slippers, rounders bats & a stool ball bat. I also was slapped, had my hair pulled & was thumped in the middle of my back...mostly for getting work wrong, & slight misdemeanors, such as running in the corridor or forgetting my games kit.

Life was much simpler in secondary school....They only hit us with canes

I still think now that the poorer the teacher the more they hit you !
22-06-2007, 09:12   #16
pressy

Total Posts: 515
Send a message via Yahoo to pressy
Teacher at Gleadless Middle school in the 70s was well known for chucking board rubbers at lads sat on the back bench. he was the one who gave the slipper & smacked on hand with 12" wooden ruler.
22-06-2007, 10:35   #17
Gingerbarf

Total Posts: 488
The sad thing is now kids get caned everyday at school, but not the wooden stick kind.

If punishments like this were still allowed then there might be a bit more discipline installed into the youth of today, and maybe gun/knife crime would not be as high as it is.

Because seriously did being caned turn us all into the monsters that we have on our streets today???? i think not
_______
"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving."

RED & WIGHT BLADE
22-06-2007, 11:32   #18
Jossman

Total Posts: 273
Send a message via Skype™ to Jossman
I was caned in front of the whole school at assembly, amongst several others, for ditching our homework. Discrimination crept in even in those years (middle 50's) as the girl offenders were given a verbal warning. The school was Owler Lane and the "Caner" was Albert Lupton, an ex Royal Marine PTI. Any forumers remember him??
_______
Beauty is in the eyes of the beerholder!
22-06-2007, 11:57   #19
melv

Total Posts: 724
Funny you should say that about discrimination Jossman. I can't remember a single instance where a girl got assaulted by the teachers.

My school was Norton County (now Mundella), & the chief sadist was a Mr Morris, who was ex army...what a surprise !!!
22-06-2007, 12:59   #20
Timbuck

Total Posts: 578
We lads who got caned on a daily basis had a secret substance that we rubbed into our hands..it was found dumped on Winkobank Tip..We called it "Canebreak"..it actually was "Mica" that was used for Electrical insulation... It made your hands sparkle.....But we believed it had magical powers...we used to misbehave in class so we could test it out.
_______
Any idiot can design a complex device; it's the man who designs a simple device to do the same job who's the real genius.

Last edited by Timbuck; 22-06-2007 at 13:01.
Reply To Topic