Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Blackstock Road dumpit site.

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield News & Discussions

Reply To Topic

15-05-2007, 15:34   #1
melv

Total Posts: 716
I've just been to Blackstock Rd re-cycling centre & one of the workmen offered to give me a hand....Is this a first
15-05-2007, 15:41   #2
nick2

Total Posts: 17,215
Is that the one in Gleadless valley, if it is they are realy helpfull all the time there.
15-05-2007, 15:43   #3
scoop
Certified Sane.

Total Posts: 4,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by melv View Post
I've just been to Blackstock Rd re-cycling centre & one of the workmen offered to give me a hand....Is this a first
Well I've just been unloading my old kitchen (all by myself, a weak and feeble woman with a small child in tow) and they didn't offer to help me .
15-05-2007, 15:49   #4
melv

Total Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop View Post
Well I've just been unloading my old kitchen (all by myself, a weak and feeble woman with a small child in tow) and they didn't offer to help me .
It probably didn't look valuable enough! A guy next to me was throwing away some fishing tackle...They were on to it like vultures
15-05-2007, 16:35   #5
alex3659

Total Posts: 23,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by melv View Post
was that a gun in your pocket or were you just pleased to see him?
15-05-2007, 17:16   #6
Mr Pops

Total Posts: 3,333
scroungers thats all they do look through you kit when youve dumped it
16-05-2007, 18:14   #7
tiprat

Total Posts: 261
if you dont like the service pollypoptart go elsewhere you whingeing mug
16-05-2007, 20:01   #8
psyn

Total Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiprat View Post
what service would that be? the service of standing and watching? or the service of making money from what we take there? or the service of being ignorant?
you got it right with the mug part thou didn't you.
16-05-2007, 20:40   #9
cosywolf
Barking

Forum Helper
Total Posts: 4,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiprat View Post
That's unnecessary. Do you have any other way of getting your point across than being rude and insulting? If not, try following the advice your mother should have given you when you were little...If you can't say anything nice, keep it to yourself.
_______
Find out more about what your local Wildlife Trust is up to in Sheffield and Rotherham. Visit their website and become a fan of their Facebook page
16-05-2007, 21:14   #10
psyn

Total Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosywolf View Post
That's unnecessary. Do you have any other way of getting your point across than being rude and insulting? If not, try following the advice your mother should have given you when you were little...If you can't say anything nice, keep it to yourself.
thats what i meant to type but it came out all wrong.
16-05-2007, 21:15   #11
UnkleBob

Total Posts: 889
are you one of the workers Tiprat?
Just wondered...?
_______
god, ghost, man, guru
16-05-2007, 21:32   #12
cosywolf
Barking

Forum Helper
Total Posts: 4,127
Yes, he is. And to be fair, I did see a post after I responded where poppy called his peers scrounging beggars or similar. Still, no need for name calling, kids. Try using reasoned argument, please. Both of you.
_______
Find out more about what your local Wildlife Trust is up to in Sheffield and Rotherham. Visit their website and become a fan of their Facebook page
17-05-2007, 07:52   #13
tiprat

Total Posts: 261
Maybe it was a bit childish with the name calling but my point is none of us are "scroungers" we dont take a thing off the sites .We get anything salvageable out which gets sold on to licensed buyers of which we dont see a penny. As for stood about doing nothing 'like i said before we are more than happy to help .All people have to do is ask .And before anyone say's it no we are not here to unload your car for you wer'e here to direct public to the appropriate skip and assist when asked.
21-07-2011, 03:24   #14
Brian Hanson

Total Posts: 267
The other week I was walking past the Blackstock Road Dumpit Site entrance, a white transit type van entered through the metal gates and went down the hill through Lees Hall Wood towards dumpit site.

A minute or so later the van drove up the hill towards the metal gates and Blackstock Road. Just before joining Blackstock Road the van came to a stop, the driver got out of the van and unloaded 3 black plastic bags from the van, the driver then dumped the bags beside Blackstock Road and said to me; "There, they'll bloody take 'em now". The driver explained to me that the dumpit site workmen had refused to accept his rubbish because he was driving a van that didn't match the required weight on the dumpit site weight-bridge. The driver got back in his van and drove off, leaving his dumped rubbish beside Blackstock Road.

I think it's stupid the dumpit site having a weight restriction on people's vehicles. No wonder people just dump their rubbish all over the place when they're told; "Sorry we can't accept your rubbish because your vehicle isn't the right weight for our dumpit site". I think Sheffield City Council's Cleansing Dept. needs to ban the weight restriction and start being grateful people are willing to deliver their rubbish to the site.
_______
ESCAGOSA - Organizing Social Activities
http://www.facebook.com/EscadonSosa
Reply To Topic