Naked woman on The Moor

No, not now!

A friend of mine once claimed that, a couple of years back, he was at the bottom of the Moor when he saw a car pull up, a naked woman get out and the car drive off.

He followed her up The Moor (as you do) and when she got to the top the same car pulled up, the woman got back in it and it drove off again. The whole thing occurred in broad daylight on a busy shopping day.

We suspect it was probably something to do with a bet, but you have to admit, it's a pretty good forfeit.

So if, after a few drinks, you and a mate fancy a bet tonight, why not suggest that whoever loses has to walk naked up The Moor in broad daylight?

Is this a variation on the oft quoted, "if I'm wrong I'll show my a*se in Woolie's window". Perhaps Woolworth's didn't have a window free ??

My ex also saw this woman, at the time he worked at the bottom of the Moor at the building that used to be Manpower Services.

Nowt exciting about that i bet them smackhead stick insects from park hill would do it for a fiver, bet it did not stir many on the moor, unless it was Dolly Parton of course.

I remember many, many moons ago when I was coming back from school. This really big & ropey oldish woamn walking around the bottom of the Moor topless. Not pleasant - I seem to remember the police having a word with her...