Springvale House School

Was anyone here at Springvale House School in 1963 to 1965?

Come on people, I know you`re out there somewhere, so come and talk to me.

Come on people, I know you`re out there somewhere, so come and talk to me.
hiya lolmob , i have finally decided to come out of hiding - and yes i also went to springvale school as well, and yes in 1963 to 1965 , and this is the reason why i am so intelligent today , as i am quite sure you are as well , so what we want to know now is where are all the others hiding ? .

Phew Tinker, thought I was gonna have to talk to myself ! Wonder where the rest are? Maybe Miss Wass has warned em not to show themselves ! You do remember her I take it?

Phew Tinker, thought I was gonna have to talk to myself ! Wonder where the rest are? Maybe Miss Wass has warned em not to show themselves ! You do remember her I take it?
yes lolmob i do remember miss wass how could i possibly ever forget her ? as i received the cane across the palm of my hands from her very frequently , i have also been to visit her just a few months ago she looked very well for her age as she is only 96 years old , so come on now you lot from springvale house where are you all hiding ?

Hi tinker, I also went to Springvale House School until 1968 and can remember Miss Wass and most of the other teachers.

Lovely school, its a shame it was demolished.

I knew people who went there.It wasn't a regular school was it?Was it a school where children recovered from serious illnesses? If so,I can't see how caning them across the palms would aid recovery.

Ah, but they were happy days sirglyn, well most of em were : )

Can i just ask a question? .. Where was this school at crookes/commonside?? :)

Can i just ask a question? .. Where was this school at crookes/commonside?? :)
no the school was off broomspring lane ( end of gloucester street ) very near to the hallamshire hospital , i think you are thinking of springvale road crookes/commonside .

The best thing I remember about Springvale was Miss Gyn?(Gin), she wasn`t a teacher, a supervisor I think, just remember having a massive crush on her, also had a crush on Sandra Bower, mind you at that age I had a crush on anything in a skirt!.